Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 13:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Need advice for stevia sweetner

I went to a healthfood store looking to see if they carried splenda and they didn't. They carry a sweetner called stevia in both the powder and liquid. It says 0 carbs on the label, and it has no aspartimine, but I was wondering if the 0 carbs was actually accurate? Also if there's anyone that has tried the carbolite chocolate bars. I tried the bars and they are wonderful, with 3 grams per bar. Also wondering if there are hidden carbs with that if anyone knows. It almost tastes to good to be legal (which I hope). Sabrina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 351/327/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

HI Sabrina,

I too, have tried the carbolite bars and they are good but I just used the hidden carb counter and I found that they have 9.68 carbs per bar. I am hoping that someone else will compute the carbs and come up with less. That was the first time I used the hidden carb tool.

Kathie
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 14:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The liquid is 0 carbs but the powdered may contain maltodextrin or another filler. It would have a trace of carbs. Stevia is very powerful. A little goes a long way.

Look for the post by lilwannabe called "Low Carb Bars" that was posted today in the Daily Forum for info on LC bars.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 20:44

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 160/154/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Stevia & Carbolite bars

Hi Sabrina,

I use Stevia. I use the powder form. It has about 1 gram of carb per packet. Stevia is my favorite. I use it to make cookies (Dr Atkin's recipe), Koolaid, coffee, and more. I love it!!! It's my favorite sweetner.

I have eaten the Carbolite bars. As a matter of fact, I've tried all of them. They were all good. They do have hidden carbs. Carbolite said they excluded 49% of the total carbs from the total calories. They say its effect on insulin is very low.

DesertRose
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 21:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Thanx for the answers. For the carbolite bar I ate a bar today and now I feel guilty. For some reason I cannot get into that hidden carbs counter to check certain foods. What things should I be looking for that may give me an indication that there may be hidden carbs? I use aoltv, does anyone know if that could be a reason that I cant get in there? If so what do I need to do so that I can go in there? sabrina