Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 19:53

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Questions abt variety and family dinners

Hi everybody,

Recently I have a stall that lasted me abt more than 5 days. And I am trying to get back into induction.

Previously my induction days are quite ok, it is just that I grew pretty tired of what I ate...and when i began to scout for new foods.....plus some occasions that I have cheated....I begin to see a stop on my scales and my measurements.

I have also started to drink more water. And because earlier on I bought Soy Milk to add more variety to my allowed foods...i took abt less than 150ml of it daily. And somewhat suspected soy milk could contain too high in carb. It reads 4g per 100ml. And I always keep track of my carb intake. But sometimes, I think i have miscalculated what my mom adds in for my dinners...Although i just tried to eat only protein n veges on the dinner table. Maybe some hidden starches, or sugars...~

How can I tell my family abt my diet? I mean they have been disagreeing my belief and kept encouraging me on eating low fat but dun have to cut the sugars etc. They see the oil layer on my chicken, they think that it is unhealthy...

Does anyone have any good and convenient recipes on preparing induction foods? (other than the recipes here?)

Thanx!

Fumih
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 16:00
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Family...

I don't know if you mean immediate family, with whom you live, or family that you don't have to live with. I'll assume you have to live with them and dine with them at most meals.

You could say to them that you are trying this diet to see how it affects you, say for two weeks. After you have followed the program you can report your findings back to them (hey I lost 5 pounds and I have a ton of energy or whatever).

You could gloat, "On my diet I get to eat the greasy chicken skin, it's soooo delicious!"

You could tell them to mind their own business, this is your life.

You could start printing out studies showing sugar causing cancer, low fat diets causing cancer, the natural diet of neaderthal man...etc.

You could ignore them and get your support from this site.

Simple induction recipes:

Well, I wouldn't call them recipes, merely tricks.

You could have egg salad made with mayo and a touch of mustard. You could even wrap it in a lettace leaf.

You could have tuna salad made with mayo and you could add some chopped dill pickle to it.

My favorite supper is hamburger salad. I make a salad with romaine lettace, tomato, cucumber, pickles whatever and my husband fries hamburgers and sets a giant one on top of my salad.

I add some salsa and sour cream to a salad and it becomes a taco salad. I tried adding pork rinds for crunch but I didn't like them in a salad I decided.

I cook broccoli and melt some cheese on top and add some salsa.

I have canned spinich with vinegar.

You can cut up cucumber and put it in a bowl of vinegar, salt and pepper, tasty! (If you like sour things)

Basically, suppers have a big meat component, and we rotate them around, beef, pork, chicken, fish, etc.

When I first started this WOL I would make the meat for the supper and if my husband or daughter wanted something else they could make it themselves.

I understand about family not supporting, fortunately for me the portion of family that doesn't support me doesn't live with me, they live 4 hours away now. I've heard lots of uninformed arguments from them, but I've got the proof in my weight and the shape of my body. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving there so I can A. Bring a low-carb pumpkin pie, B. Show off my size 10 jeans, C. See how much larger they have grown on their low-fat diets, D. All of the above.

D!

Elihnig
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 19:49

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanx soo much for the tips~

Yesterday, I had some chicken for dinner. But I realised that I wasn't satisfied. And about another 2 hours later, I went to cook some minced mutton.

My dad smelled my cooking in the kitchen. And he asked my mom, "Won't our daughter's health get worse with all the butter and animal fats?"

And I heard my mom say sth like "You too, have your fair share of neglience when it comes to choosing healthy foods. But I do see our daughter's figure slimming down. And at least now she knows food control on what to eat and how much can eat"

Haha, so now I know protein diet is knocking some sense into my mom. It is just my dad who still thinks it is not adequate. But of course, protein diets could mean more spending on meats, but I think it is worth it for long term good health. ^ 5!