Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-01, 17:29

Plan: Metabolic diet
Stats: 310/190/150
BF:
Progress:
Cool Just say HIYA!!!!

Hi...
I'm Julee, a longtime lowcarber. I own a lowcarb store in Austin, TX, so if any of you want to know what's good and what's NOT, just ask. (I don't sell online, so not spamming) I also have a lowcarb food manufacturing company and that's going very well. I LOVE this way of eating....so far, so GOOD!!!
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-01, 17:40

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Pictures are so inspiring for me. Got any? 120 lbs!!! That's incredible!!! KUTGW
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-01, 18:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Julee!

Great to have experienced low-carbers join us. As for your store, make sure you enter it into our database, so others can find it. Simply click on low-carb tools from the menu above, and use the Yellow Pages tool.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 08:32
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Julee, welcome aboard!

Congrats on the 120 lbs lost, that is terrific. And congrats too on your entrepreneurial efforts. Low-carbing is catching on slowly but surely ... not just weight loss, but more folks looking to eliminate sugar and refined carbs from their diet.

I look forward to sharing continued low-carb success with you

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 10:59

BF:
Progress:
Cool

Thanks so much for the welcome, y'all. I DO have pics and today I vow to figure out how the heck to get them on here! LOL And you are right about lowcarbing becoming more and more mainstream. When I opened my store a year ago, there were no places to get any lowcarb goodies around here at all. Yesterday I saw that Walgreens has the Carbolite Chocolate, and so does 7-11!!! Imagine.....
One reason I went into the lowcarb food manufacturing business is because we know we'll be in in health food stores first, but then in the big mainstream grocery stores within about a year. THAT'S how much the demand right now exceeds the supply. :-) And I bet my little retail store only has about 2 more years to do well, and then people will be able to get all this stuff at the local grocery store. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. Now, to figure out that picture thing and put my store in the database. I may be back asking for instruction. LOL
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beforeafter.jpg (108.4 KB, 54 views)
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-01, 11:15

BF:
Progress:

Dang, sorry about that, y'all. Didn't mean to post LIFESIZE pics of me. LOL Sheesh!!! :-)
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 16:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Congrats!!!!!

Hello Julee, I am sabrina and I am a newbie, I started this on Nov 1, and was just going through the into's and came across yours. You are truly an inspiration to me and let me tell ya you look fantastic!! How long did it take you to lose that weight? I have quite a bit of questions for you if you don't mind. I currently take the atkins basic 3 multivitamin, is that good or do you recommend something else? Do you happen to know if having hypothyroidism can slow down the weight loss? I've been on synthyroid for a long time. Also I have a pop question, I drink diet rite cola which has no aspartimine is that good? I do also drink water. Do you think a person should really rely on the ketone strips because for some reason mine does not turn? I have used them in the past everytime I went to the bathroom and at certain times the color changed. Is it normal to do this? My understanding is that once you are in this state should'nt the color change all the time? I wanted to know also if you have tried the bread, is it good? I miss my bread and my choco. Well I have more questions but I don't want to overwhelm you all at once. Anxiously waiting to hear from you. Sabrina