Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 09:25

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Carrying my daughter

Something my 9 year old daughter said today got me thinking. She had got on my scales and told me she was 22 kilos, it occured to me that I am basically carrying her around whereever I go. I want lose all but 2 of those kilos. She was not much over 2 kilos when she was born, I forget the grams but remember the pounds, 4lb 11.5 oz. Looking at the size of her, I almost can't beleive that she is the size of the bulk I am carrying.
She needs to put on weight, she is very skinny, I wish there was a way that I could pass on maybe one or two kilos to her. My in laws once accused me of not feeding her enough. She eats more than I do at times.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-01, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/240/126
BF:

Hey Cherylaust I understand completely! my mom told me that her mother inlaw said that she wasn't feeding me enough for the same reason. Now I have a son of my own and he 2yrs, 34.5" and 25 lbs. Everytime I go and see a new doctor I always worry that they would think I am neglecting him, seeing how overweight I am. Then I heard somewhere that doctors can tell if a child is malnourished by looking at the back of their arms (I'm not sure what they see). My sons arms look the same as the other kids at school so I just let the worries go.

Thought this might help

_anay
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-01, 02:37

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:

Hi

Don't worry about your daughter. Mine is just the same. They just can't seem to keep still at that age. Mine doesn't eat a lot ( which can cause major arguments), but she does have Chocolate and sweets and ice cream and chips.....Not exactly a healthy diet, I know, but if I would eat what she does, you could roll me through the door. ! I think they just work it off. Mine can't even sit still enough to watch the telly for more than 20mins ( no arguments there then). I just hope she wont have a problem later. On holiday, she must have been one of the skinniest kids about, but she was also the only one which had endless enrgy and was never out of the water and still running around late at night ! As long as your doctor is happy, don't worry.
Now, this leaves you....maybe you just should try to jump up and bounce around every 5mins when you watch the telly, plus spend at least an hour a day running around with the neighbours kids...you propably end up really skinny with no friends (apart from the neighbours kids) and a husband with a nervous breakdown