Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:24

Plan: atkins nutritional
Stats: 140// Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I am new....getting out of the eating disorder ways

Hello. I am Emmy. I usually don't go right out and tell people much about my issues with eating in the past, but this forum seems to be really supportive. I was anorexic my junior year of high school (it began before that, but that is when it was rock bottum for me). I am "better", although I think it is something that I will always struggle with. I am doing atkins now as a way to get myself out of the anorexic funk that I am stuck in. my e.d. has told me that I can only eat safe foods like fruits and veggies....only low cal, no fat! After 3 years of living like this...which makes it hard to go out with friends or to family things...I am getting fed up and I want to change but I cannot do it. In a way, Atkins is my license to eat all of these things I have been denying myself of. I ate eggs, beef sticks, chicken breast and things like that for the first time in a while. I am trying hard not to feel guilty about it. On Atkins, fat is okay, but when you have an E.D. fat is the devil, so that is pretty weird getting used to. Tonight we are having turkey burgers. The last time I had a burger was my junior year of high school! I hope this makes sense what I told you all. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and talking with you on this forum! God Bless!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:32
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hello and welcome to the forum

You are 100% right about this forum. Everybody is very supportive and NOBODY is judgemental. That is what makes this place amazing. Well, one of the reasons

Congrats on getting yourself well. That is first and foremost. I think many people haven't come around to believing lc is good for you. My ex husband went to the dr and was told his triglycerides (sp) were over 600. Now, with having very high cholesterol, you'd think he would be put on low fat. But they actually put him on low carb with keeping fat in mind. So how can some say lc is so bad? I wouldn't worry. I would do what works for you as long as you stay healthy!!!

I would recommend you start a journal and you can document there, all of your struggles, thoughts, success, and it's a GREAT way to meet new friends.

I wish you the best of luck. If I can ever help, just hop on over to my journal!!!! Take care!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/110/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I like to think of eating the Atkins way as eating healthier. You are getting more nutrients than in fruits (which contain way too much sugar).

Good luck and I know that you will be able to conquer this E.D. with a change in your thinking. Also, Congratulations for making this healthy change!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-04, 12:34
I KNOW I CAN!!!

Plan: A combo of a few
Stats: 208/172/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I did just look at your profile, also. Please don't take this as lecturing, but I see you are 5'9". That is awfully tall to weight 120. Even 135 is a very light weight for that height. Just please take care of yourself. Remember to stay healthy.

Take care!!