Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/112/115 Female 5'4"
BF:24
Progress: 120%
Default New to board...hello!

Hi! I'm so excited to have found this forum. I have been on Atkins since October 2003 and have never felt better in my life. I have never been extremely heavy, but as I hit my mid-40's, my metabolism did a dramatic change and I started gaining as I never had before. It was just coincidence with the take-off of Atkins that I found Dr. Atkins' book in a checkout line. I hadn't really heard much about the diet and wasn't looking for one. But, boy am I glad I found it!

My problem now? If one more person tells me I'm TOO THIN, I'll cream someone!!! They're much more worried about "how thin" I am than I am! I'm enjoying it, but it sure seems to upset those who seem to know better! I am about three pounds below where I want to be (I'm at 112 and would like to be 115), but that is down from 130.

I'm very, very happy. Wish the good Doctor was still alive so I could send him a letter of thanks.

Glad to be here!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:12
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Welcome....

You've done a great job with this WOE.. wow! Good for you....

Glad you found us here!
Kiks
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:15

I'm glad I found you, too!!

I'm curious...does anyone else have this problem from people??? I'm into a size four dress and my muscle tone is good, so I'm not emaciated, but people HONESTLY get UPSET about the weight I've lost. I can't figure it out...wondering if it's just me, or do others come across this at all?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 14:24
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I think that it is natural... in one of my other skinny times I had people telling me all the time that I was too skinny....

I think of it like the weather. People are never happy with it. During the summer it's always too hot, during the winter it's too cold...

If you're happy with yourself and your Dr. is satisfied with your weight then let everyone talk. They're probably just jealous!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 17:09

Stats: 247/246/130 Female 5 foot 2.5 inches
BF:47%/32.0%/22.5%
Progress: 1%
Default welcome

While 115 maybe the lowest listed for 5'4" small frame... that is probably an average of some kind.... some small framed women are a lot tiny that others... and 112 maybe fine.... I think anorexia has been in the news so much people are aware of it... it could also be a smidge of jealousy ... though if you work out, you may gain more weight, but it would be muscle tissue which will help define you in another way.... If your doctor feels that you are healthy and you feel good and have the energy to do what you want.... then all is good with the world...

just for health sake, make sure you body fat percentage is at least at the minimum if you are having any trouble with lack of menses.... which also helps when sick giving you the reserves to go on.....
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 18:35

Thanks for the responses...I was beginning to feel abornormal or something! :-D