Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 20:34
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Support Your Local Farmer!

I found something cool today ... LocalHarvest.org. Here's some info from their site:

"Do you want fresh, locally grown, organic food, but don't know where to find it? The LocalHarvest map makes it easy to find family farms, farmers markets and other sources of sustainably grown food in your area."

{snip}

"There are almost two million farms in the USA. About 80% of those are small farms, and a large percentage are family owned. More and more of these farmers are now selling their products directly to the public. They do this via CSA programs, Farmers' Markets, Food Coops, u-picks, farm stands, and other direct marketing channels. Would you like to support your local farmer? Use our map to find a small farm near you!

Large scale chemical agriculture is poisoning our soils and our water, and weakening our communities. By buying direct from a family farm you can help put a stop to this unfortunate trend. By buying organic produce from your local farmer, you are working to maintain a healthy environment, a vibrant community, and a strong and sustainable local economy for you and your kids to thrive in."

Organic produce and naturally grown meat is usually so expensive at the supermarket - I've found it's a lot cheaper directly from the source. Not to mention fresher and higher quality!!

Give the link a try if you're interested in another way to get those Old Time Low Carb Products into your diet.

{Oh, yeah ... I forgot to mention - it's free. They do sell some products from various farms, but I think the site's main focus is providing information.}
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 07:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I love to go to the farmer's market and support local growers. And everything is so fresh! I have the best darned time there!

Orchid
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thanks for the link!

I'm thrilled that a new farmer's market will be opening this summer just 5 minutes away from me! But this site listed quite a few places that I hadn't heard of before.