Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 13:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 372/342/185 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default i need advice from the big guys....

guys in the 300s! how much protein are we supposed to eat and not overdo it? i can scarf down the food and i know that i'm not supposed to worry about anything but fat and carbs but all the counting on this board has me doubting...i just want to keep losing and am hoping some big guys can tell me how they keep losing.....thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 16:37
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I did real well the 1st 8 months...and ate plenty of protein. Eat your meats, eat your veggies in moderation, and eat your fats. You will do fine. Stalls happen as much to those on starvation versions of LC as those who eat as they will.

I averaged 2700-3000 cakories a day and lost 84 pounds in 8 months. The fact that I put a bunch of it back on since Christmas not withstanding!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 04:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/203/190 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

I never counted either when I started and once my appetite was under control started to limit calories and watching protein. Worked for me. Protein is now 95-120 gms per day
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 05:38

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%

Joshua,

I eat between 120 and 170 grams of protein a day, and between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. Doing this I am losing about 3.5 lbs per week, or 65 pounds since January 12th of this year.

If you want to keep losing, make sure you keep an eye on your calories also - as you lose your body will need fewer calories to operate on. Look at other people's FitDay journals to see what they are eating to get ideas.

Great job so far!! Keep it up!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 05:41

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Well, I'm not a big guy, but thought I'd share my thoughts with you anyway.

A healthy amount of calories for protein is around 25% of your daily intake. I didn't measure the first few months either, but found out later as I lost more that I have to. I think the key here is to eat normal portion sizes when you still have a lot to lose, but as you get smaller, reduce the portion sizes down as you go. You don't have to worry about that until your weight loss slows down, though. HTH!