Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 06:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/168/110
BF:
Progress:
Talking Another day Another beginning!!

Well here we go. I am going to start the Atkins diet today. I don't really know what to expect. I have heard so many things about low carb dieting. Some good and some bad, guess I will have to judge for myself. I am here looking for some kind of support because I will not receive any from my family. They think that this is the most unhealthy thing I could be doing. My dad will try and sabotage me all the way. He is a weight watchers on and off person. Anyhow I would love some words of advice and support from anyone, I love to talk and chat in my spare time. Just drop me a message. Denise
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Anything Low Carb
Stats: 250/175/170
BF:
Progress: 94%

Give it a try for a couple of weeks, and if you follow it correctly, the results you get will be all the proof you need. The best thing you can do is read as much about this as you can, and try and read the posts here about how people have succeeded and are continually losing weight and getting healthier.

From my own experience (approaching 11 months low carbing), I have never felt better in my life. We all had people telling us that low carbing is dangerous (some even still tell me), but the bottom line is that the weight comes off, you feel and look better, and stuff like blood pressure, cholesterol, trigycerides, etc start normalizing.

Research the affects of low carb eating as much as you can.

Genesis
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 09:49

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

Congrats on your new WOL, Denise. The best thing you can do for the naysayers and potential saboteurs is to lead by example. Your success and improved health will be all the evidence they'll need. Stick to it and don't be afraid to ask questions. We are all here for support and help!

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 13:19
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome peanut!

Consider keeping a journal in the Journal forum. I can't tell you how much this helps to keep you going with this WOE.

It does work!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 14:12

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default U have done the hardest bit

Welcome to the Forum. You have come to the right place for support and inspiration.

You have done the hardest bit - making the decision to go ahead anyway and started. Everything else is easy. Be very committed for the first two weeks and then see if you want to do anything else.

There's plenty to read and keep you occupied.
Take care.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 13:31

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard denise! you're going to have a pleasant surprise lowcarbing. the weight's going to come off and you won't feel hungry! you'll feel great! make sure you read atkin's book!