Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:07

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default In Need Of A Diet Buddy. Anyone Interested?

I'm new to the board, it looks great here.

I've been doing Atkins on and off for a few years now. The weight I've lost has kept off, but I do have way too many "weak" moments. I'm really in need of a good diet buddy. The one I had seems to have slowly faded into the background and only posts ever so often now. In fact I've not heard from her in close to three weeks.

Anyone interested in having a diet buddy?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Hi there! I would luv to have a diet buddy. I had actually been looking for one too. Let me know if you are interested.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:49

BF:

Pandora,

That sounds great. I'd welcome it.
Please feel free to leave me a message, or email, and we can chat more about it.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:20
Registered Member

Stats: 251/172/135 Female 5'7
BF:48/31/18
Progress: 68%

Hi there
To the both of you, it can never hurt to have more than one buddy right? If you are interested please let me know.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:13

Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'5
BF:?/26%/21%
Progress: 35%

I'd love to have some diet buddies too!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:18

BF:

Sounds good to me
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:20

Hugs to all my new diet buddies.

I am about to leave for my lunch break, but I will tell you all alittle bit about myself real quick here. I am 23, live in Batavia, IL. I work full time at a very very boring job so I am on the compter all day. Hopefully I will find something in the field I went to school for soon, but it isn't looking very promising. I have been LCing for a couple months and have had very very very slow weightloss, but I'm hanging int there. I have found that my major weakness is nuts. I still get terrible cravings for high carb foods too. I generally run a few miles everyday, but have recently started doing twice a day workouts once in a while to give my metabolism and extra boost. I also eat about 1800-1900 cals a day and upped my fat to around 80% and dropped 2 lbs. So I guess that is a brief summary about me.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

i'll do it. i've had a really tough year what with my thyroid going up and down on me but now's the time to get crackin'.

i'll be glad to help push anyone else along that posts to this thread so please just come on by my journal and let me know.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:35
Registered Member

Stats: 251/172/135 Female 5'7
BF:48/31/18
Progress: 68%
Talking

Well, hello to all of my new buddies as well. I also will give you a little run down about me. I am 19 years old, and I live in Irvine CA...I have been lcing for 1 year and 1 month now, and have lost 79lbs. While it is great weight loss, I often find myself falling off the wagon, and that has hindered the last 40 that need to get off my body lol.
I eat about 1300 calories a day do not exceed 25g carbs, and I exercise 5 days a week for about 1.5 hrs a day....45 min cardio 45 min weight tranning. If anyone wants to Private Message me or send me an email I am here for you.
Now let's hold each other up, and give all our support.....Congratulations on all of your wonderful progress...keep up the good work.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:53

Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'5
BF:?/26%/21%
Progress: 35%

Hi everyone. I'm 21 years old. I'm from San Diego (and live there during the summer), but go to school in Los Angeles during the school year. I started Atkins in February and have found that I have a lot more energy eating this way. I try to exercise 3-5 days a week, though recently things have been a little messed up with me going on summer break and starting work. I'm hoping that by the end of summer I will be somewhere in the 130s... though I haven't really lost any weight in a while (though my measurements have been going down slowly) so I'm a little discouraged.

Would any of you like to chat through e-mail? I don't think that this is really the proper place for us to be talking. Anyway, if you'd like to e-mail me, feel free. My e-mail is nicoleATdelirityDOTcom.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:20

Plan: No Starch/High booze diet
Stats: 235/183/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Bah not sure..
Progress: 95%

Wow what a great idea really. The one thing I realized through this whole ordeal was how hard it was to find someone else that shared the same concerns and WOL. I bet you it would be easier to have someone do Weightwatchers or some other diet style with you but probably harder to do an Atkins approach as it may be so different and too radical for some (from the "normal" North American diet that is).

The key is that within this forum we have a "pool" of people that share some serious similarities, challenges and issues in life -- but as mentioned it helps if you have a person or group that is willing to stick with it, is talkative and helpful and doesn't disappear for long bouts.

The best scenario would be that your spouse/partner do it with you but that may not be the case for some. I remember I was trying to get into shape, quit smoking and do Atkins all at once. My girlfriend wanted NOTHING to do with any of those options -- blahhh. Shoot I think if a small group would somehow communicate often with each other, sharing their daily or weekly diet, their groceries and what they bought, what they cooked and how it tasted (tips maybe).... what ups and downs they had, that it would really make for a wonderful group.

I have a friend that practically for 2 months almost each day we emailed each other sharing what we ate, what we made the other day and what we found locally here in stores that would help us out. Heck we could talk for days on supplements alone ( I know pretty boring eh?? LOL) and I looked forward to those emails each and every day.

Anyhow as some of you have suggested, maybe create a email list.. everyone check in weekly or more... maybe a chat group... MSN messenger. I just can't explain it but I got way more support from my email friend than I did from ANYONE close to me. Weird...

cheers, Claudius
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:29

Stats: 173/168/135 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Trying to get back on. Lost 20...found 20 )-: I am in L.A. County. Santa Clarita Valley. Induction menu ideas? Seems like all I eat is eggs and meat. I know2-3 C salad, 1 C veggies if 2 c. salad... Want some ideas--breakfast, etc. I want some buddies too. Jo
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:33

Hey everyone! Feel free to email me anytime you want. My email is soleil23~excite.com. Lisa, I tried to PM you, but it said you had your PM shut off. If you wanna chat or anything just email me.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:59

BF:

Pandora, I am looking, but can't see where I can turn on the PMs at. Anyone know?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 13:13

Plan: No Starch/High booze diet
Stats: 235/183/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Bah not sure..
Progress: 95%

Don't think you can as of yet. I believe you need to post at least 25 or more posts here before that option opens up -- not sure why but those seem to be the rules here. Either start posting like mad for a bit or switch to email for now.