Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 16:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/157/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:prob a lot
Progress: 20%
Question Help Me, Been On Atkins For 1 Month...

Okay, heres the story, i have been on atkins for one month now, i started on easter last month, and ive only lost what i have in induction, which was 2 weeks ago, but seems like forever ago, im still at the same weight i was in the first 2 weeks, i am 156 lbs now, and i was 165lbs b4, and im wondering since i have less to lose than most...will my weight loss be slower than most, that drop 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks, cuz theyre more overweight...i wanna be 125lb...and since i started at a reasonable lower weight than most start out with cuz of post pregnancy or other metabolic reasons that have upped their weight...is it reasonable that my weight loss is becoming so slow...one lady i know didnt lose any the first month, and now 7 months later...has lost 55 lbs...and shes older and had more to lose, so is it fair to say that i should continue and try my hardest and the weight will eventually come off???? any1 can u help me with any advice pleassse?!?!?...
gisell
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 16:23

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

You've lost 8lbs so far, that's great! Remember, the body needs time to adjust to losing weight, and 8lbs in a month is 2lbs a week, well within the normal weight-loss range. As for why some lose more, faster pace, it's a toss-up because there are SO many variables, everyone's chemistry is completely different and where they were before they started is different too.

1-2lbs a week is safely losing weight. Even losing 55lbs in 7 months is still 1-2lbs a week, still safe.

Are you exercising? That could help speed things along, also don't starve yourself because then your body will hold onto everything. Check out www.fitday.com to track your weight, foods, carbs, etc., it's a great resource. I'm not sure what you're eating, but it's a very fine line for a lot of people between the carb level at which you lose weight and gain weight, so you need to track what you're eating...........

Good luck and keep up the great work!

LL
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 16:29

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Crowlove, you have done such a great job so far! It will come off, don't worry. Drink oodles of water and make sure you eat enough good veggies and meats.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 17:17

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

You succeeded in losing 20% of the way to your goal in the first two weeks. That's double what a person can reasonably expect from Induction.

It is quite usual and normal for a person who has lost that high a percentage to have a "period of adjustment" when the body catches its breath. If you keep with the program, the losing will start again but NEVER at that rate.

Low carbing isn't a fast weight loss but it will work eventually if you stick with the plan. It's a way fo eating for the rest of your life.

The last 20 pounds tend to come off very slowly. But you could be losing inches while the scales stand still. So be sure to measure lots of body parts. And keep some clothing that is now tight to try on every week so you can see your progress.

It sounds as though you are doing just fine.