Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:54

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 166/154/118 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress:
Question Is my diet plan similar to Paleo?

Hi!
I am new to this support board. I bought a book called Symdrome X by Jack Challem. He calls his diet a Paleolithic diet in his book. I did not pay much attention to that name until I started searching this site for others that were following a low carb diet similar to mine.

His diet is called the anti x extra healing diet plan. It is for individuals who are overweight and have severe insulin resistance.

His plan basically excludes dairy, sugar: (all types including artificial sweeteners), legumes, fruit and grains.
You are allowed lean proteins, non-starchy vegetables, and healthy oils like extra virgin olive oils.

It is pretty difficult to follow but it is the first eating plan that I am having success on. I have lost 8 lbs in about 3 weeks.

Is this diet close to what everyone is following here? Is anyone familar with the plan that I am following?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Janice
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 13:24

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello Janice and welcome. Although I am not completely familiar with your diet, it sounds almost completely like a hunter-gatherer diet with the exception that we are allowed low carb fruit, nuts and seeds and animal fat. If you have read his book, are following all the directions and it is working for you (not only for weight loss but in "how" you are feeling), then it's for you. Reading up on hunter-gatherer diets in general on the net will answer a lot of your questions. From what I have seen on the cave clan board, each of us has fine-tuned or is fine-tuning what works for us so that we can live with the plan, and yet stay as close to it as possible. Again, Janice welcome.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 21:12

Plan: Syndrome X
Stats: 166/154/118 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the information. But where is this cave clan? I can have seeds and nuts also but no fruit, at least not in the beginning stage. And not any animal fat.
Janice
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 04:47

Plan: Neanderthin/Paleo
Stats: 147/123.2/121 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 92%

Welcome to the Clan, Janice.
As Hellistile said, we're all fine tuning this diet to make it easier to live with. That means that some of us still have our diet pop and cheese, while others don't. It's up to the individual. You'll see what stalls you or doesn't as you go along. But keep in mind that health comes before any weight loss...

Regarding the fruit question, I think it will probably stall you if you have it in the beginning, but I've been having strawberries and apples lately and haven't stalled. I really feel I need the vitamins they provide.

In fact, I've finally realized that calories DO count, and since lowering my evening intake, my weight loss has quickened.
If you have any other questions, we'll be happy to answer.