Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 01:44

Plan: Low Calorie/Low Carb
Stats: 208/175/133 Female 62
BF:32%
Progress: 44%
Default Countdown to 175

I have found the Countdown to 199 very motivational and now I am hopefully in onerland for the future I want to aim for the next milestone. From the poll I conducted the majority decision was for a countdown to 175 - so that's what we are aiming for.

I hope to get there by the end of September. I've 23 pounds to go - or 1 stone 9 lbs as we would say in England. I am presently 198 (14 stone 2 lbs) - a 23 lbs loss would bring me down to 12 stone 7 lbs by my calculations and I have not been as low as that since 1992. A long time ago.

Good luck everybody. My weigh in day is Friday. Please add your name to the list and cut and paste as other challenges using the latest post.

We will see how we go. Maybe we can keep a running total of all the pounds we lose!

magpies - 198
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 08:50

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Count me in.

Kelly 201
magpies - 198
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 09:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

Count me in too!

Rocky - 199
Kelly - 201
magpies - 198
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 10:17

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Count me in! I am at 177.5 now, but I am working more on healing my metabolism than losing so I am moving at a turtle's pace.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 11:01

Paris -
Rocky - 199
Kelly - 201
Magpies - 198
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 11:06

Plan: Atkins my way
Stats: 198/180/165 Female 62
BF:44/43/42/40/39/38
Progress: 55%

You know I would love to join you guys but I have joined other countdowns and either they have not been fulfilling, too many people or they just stopped visiting the thread. I want to be able to stick to it and have someone check up and I will do the same.

Is that what this is offering?? I don't want to join another countdown and not stick with it.

I am at about 185 after my binge and 175 by my wedding would be just wonderful.

sorry for going on and on but I just don't want to set myself up.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 11:34

Hi Hislady,

I'm not intending to lose very fast, I've got a very long way to go and I'm averaging only 3 pounds a month. I know if I try and cut back more I will only end up binging and exercise is making me fitter and thinner but not lighter. I realise I need to be in for the long haul and that is why I find all the challenges and countdowns keep me motivated. I'm a competitive type of person, don't have to win the race but I do like to challenge.

I think 175 is a realistic target for me to achieve by October and if I get there I will be more than happy, if I don't I hope I will be somewhere near.

I don't mean to give up and I hope we can all encourage and support each other, so I do hope you join us.

I certainly mean to visit this thread at least once a week and report in. I expect people will come and go, not everyone succeeds but we can all help each other to lose. Quite happy to check up on you if you want to keep an eye on me. In the Fencing Club I help run we have about 16 beginners a term, if we keep a quarter of them, we are more than happy. Failure is far more common than success - let's be among that happy few.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 12:19

Plan: Atkins my way
Stats: 198/180/165 Female 62
BF:44/43/42/40/39/38
Progress: 55%

Well it sounds good and once a week sound like a plan to me. I would love to join.

Quote:
I'm a competitive type of person, don't have to win the race but I do like to challenge.

I am highly competitive too!

My wedding is 2 1/2 months away so that means I need to loose about 4 pounds a month although I wouldn't be overly dissapointed if I didn't make it by then. To loose another 10 by whenever would still be great!!

I just want to loose consistantly until I hit my first goal of 165 by the end of the year. I also need to get back on the ball of exercising. I want to exercise about 3 times a week I know that would make a major change if not just in weight but in inches. So here's to loosing and you can count me in.

Will we post our weight once a week and kind of give an idea of what we did right and wrong for that week. You know like things that were down falls or vent or whatever. Also will we post an average parameter that we plan to stay in like between 25-35 carbs a day or 2 sweet treats a week etc..etc..

Let me know as I am very interested and excited to join.

P.S. Your whoosh fairy is sooo sooo cute!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:07

Will we post our weight once a week and kind of give an idea of what we did right and wrong for that week. You know like things that were down falls or vent or whatever. Also will we post an average parameter that we plan to stay in like between 25-35 carbs a day or 2 sweet treats a week etc..etc..

Let me know as I am very interested and excited to join.

I propose we post our weight every Friday, starting today. Rest is optional but I think it's good to give an idea of what went right and wrong. I'm trying to pay particular attention to the amount of carbs I'm eating this coming month as I noticed they were creeping up again. Back to weighing everything and trying out Fitday. Hopefully, will not have to do this too long as I much prefer just to eyeball but I'm keen to get moving down again.

Glad you like the Fairy, she's cute, isn't she? The original is on the April Whoosh challenge.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:19

Hislady -
Paris -
Rocky - 199
Kelly - 201
Magpies - 198

Okay, I'll start. Firstly, I change my stats every Friday to reflect the average weight and body percentage over the week - this is my way of getting over my fixation of weighing myself every day.

Weight is morning was exactly 198 pounds, body percentage fat 41%.
Carbs: 42; 29; 42; 28 (only been counting them again properly the last 4 days)
Average - 36

Exercise: Good week, full details on my gym log. Highlight was walk/jog along riverbank with son. Hopefully we can do this again. Much nicer working out in the open air.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 06:19

Stats: 222/178.4/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hmmm... this sounds interesting. I like the idea of a countdown, but have not tried one. Would you mind terribly if I join you? But my personal goal is to countdown to 70 kg... which is a 12.2 kg drop. For those lbs people out there, that's about 181 (12 stone 13 pounds) to 154 (11 stone). A 27 lb loss, meaning roughly 1 pound/week. I have to believe it can be done. And while my fitday goal (set in November when the weight was just whooshing off!) was to hit 61 kg by my birthday on 23 June, I think that is now unrealistic.

This means 2 kg a month. I don't think that is unreasonable, but also things have really slowed up lately. Maybe this will give me the boost I need to achieve it. Sometimes guilt and competition go a long way to helping motivate...

Strudel - 82.2 kg/181 lbs/12 stone 13 pounds as of 2 April (assuming you will accept me...)
Hislady -
Paris -
Rocky - 199
Kelly - 201
Magpies - 198
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:13

Welcome to Strudel, you are very welcome and welcome to all, Hislady, Paris, Rocky and Kelly. 2kg is about 5 pounds, isn't it - 2.2 lbs to a kg? The machines at the gym sometimes ask for my weight in kilos and I usually have to guess feeling mathmatically challenged at such a time.

Good luck to everyone, how ever long your road to 175 is.

Julie
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:47

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Julie and Kelly, took me a couple of days but here I am and ready for the challenge! Looks like there are some new faces too, thats great we can get there together.

I had a bit of a ruff week my IBS kicked up again and I got a bit emotional as well becuase I thought this WOE had been the cure. Oh well I have got it under control mostly and only mild discomfort today. Unfortunatley I get a good dose of fatigue and joint pain as well and that seems to be sticking a bit. Hopefully in a couple of days I will be symptom free again. At least it's not lasting for weeks at a time like it did before I started this WOE. Anyway enough of my wine.

I went off a bit this week had regular ice cream x 2 but it's all gone now and there is no temptation in the house! So back on plan and it didn't seem to hurt too much as I am back to pre holiday weight, which is pretty good as that means I lost 4.5 #'s in 15 days.

Next week starting Monday (I will be away this w/e) I hope to try and get back to check my real counts on Fitday, to see where I am.

Thanks for starting this thread Julie and lets all hope that we will all be loosers!

Hislady -
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 199
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 11:23

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi everyone!

Hope you're feeling better soon Huggs2ewe (Lise).

My regular weigh-in is on Fridays so this works out just great. No stress of an extra weigh-in a week! This week I was down one pound - to 198.

I've been sticking to a pretty simple plan (explanation in my journal - don't want to bore everyone here), but it seems to be working. Since I've started exercising, I've felt quite upbeat, despite still being in pain every day (accident). My exercise results are in the TDC fitness challenge, and kind of daily noted in my journal. I'm so lucky I've been able to exercise every day!!

Hislady -
Kelly - 201
Lise- 196.5
Magpies - 198
Paris -
Rocky - 198
Strudel - 181

Is that everyone?

Last edited by Rocky_Cdn : Fri, Apr-02-04 at 12:31.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 12:13

Hi Lise and welcome,

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi Rocky, well done on getting down to 198.