Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:59

Plan: SB
Stats: 279/271.5/180 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default New Here - Sick due to free day?

I just started BFL last week. Atkins just stopped working for me. I did BFL a couple of years ago with great results so I figured I would give it a shot again.

I lost 6 lbs last week which really surprised me. I did go overboard on my free day on Sunday and seem to have gained a 1 lb back. Still, 5 lbs is great!

I guess I really overdid my free day. I've had "flu-like" symptoms all day yesterday and today. My stomach feels horrible. I haven't been able to stomach the 6 meals for the last 2 days - yesterday I had 4 of the 6 and today, I had a hard time drinking my Myoplex shake. I'm at a loss. Do you think it was the free day that did me in? I haven't had any energy yesterday or today. I did manage to go to the gym, but even that was really tough.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:22
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I had the same problem in my first few weeks on BFL. Had a really hard time getting a few of the meals off the fork and into my stomach.

I would say that your stomach pains is more likely related to your new eating habit and not so much to your free day.... It takes a while for your body to adjust to new eating habits and begin to realize that you have a consistent food intake. Once you get over that hump you'll start to appreciate those six meals a day.

Kiki

P.S. I've had those stomach pains after a free day but that usually lasts only for one day... that is the joy of having one day to live it up!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:46

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 145/108/112 Female 5'6
BF:pregnantEDD5/12/05
Progress: 112%

My tummy has gone nuts after a free day as well. If you are still feeling ill though, it may be you are actually coming down with something.

I have a very hard time eating 6 meals a day, and most days, have more like 4.

You are doing great, keep up the good work!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 13:33

Plan: SB
Stats: 279/271.5/180 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thanks for the replies. I actually did have a horrible stomach virus that sent me to the doctor. With a shot and several days of rest, I am much better now. Unfortunately, I am unable to stomach much food. I'm eating mostly broths & crackers. Can't stomach any dairy right now. Am getting right back on Monday when my stomach is better. I actually only missed 2 workouts. The others were not the best - but I was there. I'm much better today.

I do think switching from traditional atkins to BFL does something to your system. Fortunately, it worked very well for me. I was afraid I would gain with all the carbs I was able to eat.

I am now down 8 lbs. Yay!

Thanks again for the replies!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:34
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Hope you're feeling better.... I'm sure you'll be back at it strong on Monday.

Have a great weekend. Stay Strong!