Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 05:51

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Thursday - March 25

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome that are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

My menu was a little bit high in carbs yesterday, but again not awful. I'm starting back to keeping calories lower today.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake about a month ago to try to drop some weight for the hiking season - began at 177lbs. I made it to 172 lbs in six weeks before doing the serious hiking over last weekend - soreness and swelling are nearly gone and I'm back in ketosis. Weight is 175 lbs today, but my clothing is much looser - I will take measurements as soon as all swelling has gone. Calories per pound yesterday 1597 / 175 = 9.13 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5 for weight loss).

Total calories: 1597
Fat: 96 gms 867 cal 55%
Sat: 27 gms 244 cal 16%
Poly: 20 gms 180 cal 11%
Mono: 42 gms 381 cal 24%
Carbs: 49 gms 158 cal 10% ECC: 39 gms
Fiber: 10 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 135 gms 539 cal 34%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Snack:
.25 cup mixed nuts - no peanuts

Lunch:
10 ozs hot wings

Dinner:
8 ozs ground beef mixed with dry onion soup mix
1 cup LC mixed veggies - lightly buttered
.75 cup beets

About 100 oz water & 30 ozs coffee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 08:08
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI all!!

Just waiting on my ride to go to a training day for a temp 3 month phone sales job..will share more about that later.. hoping to supplement and make up for the vet bill, and this weeks car repair..ARGH.. $550! (life!)

Did you take pics on your hike Renee?

Kudos, hugs and luvs to everyone today!

::: Praying for Elaine ::::::::::
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 08:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Yay , it's almost the end of the week. I need to vacuum out the car and start packing for our trip Saturday. My poor dh has to fly to Reno for work early Friday morning and he flys back late Friday night, then we leave early Saturday morning. So, I need to have everything ready.

I can't believe how good I'm doing with this WOE . I've had several friends ask me for my diet, but I tell them you really need the books. My dh ordered ours from a radio show. Does anyone know if you can buy them at a book store? I just ordered the Comfort Foods cookbook from Amazon. I can't wait to get it.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 10:03

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning pals!!!

sorry i was MIA yesterday, i had a big meeting at work and didn't get a chance to check in. it was the meeting where i had to give my presentation. it went pretty well. i was pretty prepared cause i was so nervous about it i kept practicing the talk at home. i found out now i have to give the same talk next thursday for a different group of people (arggg!!!, but at least it is the same talk so i don't have to come up with another one)

Elaine--am thinking about you while you are in the hospital.

Quote:
Be good (and if you can't be good be careful )

i used to have a high school english teacher that would say that to us at the end of class every day!!!!

Orang--welcome back from your hike, gald to see you were safe and also that you are recovering nicely.

Kat--i remember that clothing exchange as well. don't remember where it was, maybe under the products section. (what size are you looking for, trying to get rid of?)

Wendy--i used to work in a office full of women, boy you should have heard the gossip that went around that place, but then i started working in a office full of men (the job i have now) and they are just as gossipy. i think it is all offices, don't know why?? sometimes people just need to mind their own business!!!

Nelson--i had to laugh at the cumin mistake. i did that once with coffee, i like to put a dash of cinnamon on top of my coffee grounds. i keep the cinnimon next to my coffee, and when i was visiting my dad made coffee and he keeps all his spices together. i used cumin and boy was that a surprise. dad doesn't let me make coffee at his house anymore.....

well, a couple of days ago somebody posted about cheating. i have to tell you a story. yesterday at the meeting i was planning on eating whatever they gave us for lunch (and from previous years expected it to be pasta cause that is what it always was) this time they let us eat at the restaurant and i ended up staying on plan. till dinner..... the bf and i went out to eat at a new restaurant cause i had a coupon. it was italian. the coupon said "pasta,seafood,and steak" well the seafood and steak dishes were over 15.00 a meal and it wasn't just grilled steak, it was steak smothered in or cooked in something i didn't like. (i was also starving, it was late) i think my mind was still expecting pasta from lunch so i caved and ordered a pasta dish. and then since i was "off plan" went ahead and ate the bread. then we decided since we blew it so bad anyway to go ahead and split dessert, chocolate layer cake.

moral of this story...... everybody has one of those days........

by the way. still holding at 200 this morning. so no more loss this week so far, also no fluctuations.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 10:51

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning I have been messing around with fitday again as I am taking a different approach. I did a more Atkins approach for awhile to get my cravings under control and clean out some the bad carbs I had been eating. I am going back to more of my PP way of eating now, lowering fat and calories and not obsessing about counting carbs. Not license to eat bad carbs, just not trying for the 20 carb range anymore. It is funny that on the day that I felt I was eating out of control, it plugged it all in fitday and my calories were still only 1500...seemed like it would be more than that. anyway, here is a look at yesterday:

Fitday:
Total: 1215
Fat: 63 563 47%
Sat: 28 253 21%
Poly: 2 22 2%
Mono: 10 92 8%
Carbs: 64 164 14%
Fiber: 23 0 0%
Protein: 118 473 39%
Alcohol: 0 0 0

Yesterday's menu:

B - 1.5 servings (a little more than a cup) Keto honey nut flakes, 1 cup CCD 2% milk, 3 cups coffee w/H&H

L - Chef's Choice beef stew (it was ok, 7 EEC), crystal light lemonade

S - Handful Pumpkin seeds, 1/2 carbwise bar
S- 2 large strawberry dipped in whipped cream

15 min ab class, 1 hour yoga

D - 1 stuffed chicken breast (scwhans), 2 cups broccoli/cauliflower mix w/ 2 tsp butter, .5 oz cheese

Dessert - 4 sliced stawberries w/whipped cream

Elaine - Praying for you today

Nelson - Bawdy's solution just might work Here is wishing you a restful nights sleep

Song - I am sure that most bookstores carry the books.

Orang - Missing you

Wendy - I work in the Utopia of gossip I am so happy that things are going well for you.

Michele - Yep, we all have those days. The important thing is to jump back on and drink lots of water to flush your system. Also would avoid the scales for about a week.

Kat - I don't remember the clothing exchange post, sorry How are you doing?

Bawdy - Glad you are finding success with CAD
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 11:27

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HI ALL!
We are knee deep into calving so I will not be on as much!

Orang, glad that the hiking went well!

MY prayers are with you today ELAINE!!

Ellie, your menus look good! I always seem to have trouble keeping my calories down lately!

Michele, yes you are so right, we all experince the cave-in days, I just hope that yours was good, I caved and ate ALOT of oreos quite awhile ago, and it really was not that good!! NOW if I ever plan to cheat (mybd is coming up) I will only eat something out of this world for my taste buds!HA

SongB, If you want to save some money go on www.half.com
They might have the books there for half the price, gently used ect.. I purchased my first PP book there!

Dawn good luck to you on your training day!

Bawdy, Well now it has been 4 or 5 days on calp?? (time just flys) so what is your take on it???

Wendy, well even if the cat is out of the bag you two have been seeing each for awhile now that it should not have much of an effect on either of you! People are so naturally nosie!!! Good to hear that cad is going well, I have such a tendancy to binge (once the flood gate is cracked a bit, I tend to end up opening the whole thing!) AND EATING the whole thing too!

Nelson, I hope that you will try what Bawdy had suggested, she has had that problem off and on too! GOOD LUCK! The only problem that I have with my sleeping is having to get up every few hours to go outside and check on the cows!

OH I have a question What is you all's take on nuts??
I have started to eat pistachios, for 45 it is 160 calories, and after subtracting the fiber the carbs are only 5, but I usually only eat half of that for an inbetween snack! It has really filled me up and stays with me! Have any of you stalled because of them???

Well My dh is gone to another bull sale and I have been in the house long enough writing to you guys!

Have a great day everyone!!

to you Elaine!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 15:43

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Talking

Bawdy....what size should I do my BR..I'm thinking C...but I want them to be perky not flat...what do you think
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 15:50

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Shelly - I think the pistashios should be fine as long as you can control the portions...I lOVE them and think I would overdue

I forgot to share....when I had my hair done last saturday I cut it short!! I LOVE it and have gotten many compliments! It did not turn out like the picture (never does) but if you want to get an idea I found something similar and saved it as number 6 in my favorites. The color is like a light redish brown w/blonde highlights. It feels really good to have it off my neck as it has been record breaking HOT here Also takes a few years off as well
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 16:27

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Lissette,

i eat almonds quite often. also peanuts. the trick i learned is to measure out a serving and only eat that much. it is way to easy for me to sit there with a bag of peanuts and crack away!!!!

i have been eating them all along so i don't think they are the culprit for any stalls. just easy to go overboard and rack up the calories.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 16:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Acipenser - that's what I do to, I eat almonds everyday. I read a study that said dieters that ate almonds lost more weight than those that didn't, so I had my dh pick me up a big bag of them at Costco.