Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 11:57
Ohmahgawd! Really??

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/306.5/300 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Would someone Please please, please check my Fitday?

I have not lost any weight in over 4 weeks, and have not lost any inches in over 3. I don't know what it is that I am doing wrong. I feel like a little lost doggie that's lost her way, and I don't know what to do. I even tried going on a FatFast, but unfortunately, that did not last long. I have since thrown out the peanuts, (hate to waste food, but it was for the greater good. I'm exercising, trying so hard, am I not getting enough calories? I know Im getting enough fat, and i'm drinking half my weight in oz of water, could someone with more experience than I have please offer me some suggestions? I don't want to give up, I was doing so good for a while there, what is wrong?

Thank you so much for any insight you can offer me whatsoever!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 13:16

Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi, sorry to hear you seem to have stalled a bit. I checked you fitday and it looks ok to me, however, I noticed most days you have cream cheese and reg cheese. Maybe try stopping the cheese for a few days. I was slowing way down so I lowered my cheese intake and started losing again. Sometimes our bodies can develop an intolerance to cheese even if it was no problem before.

Also, are you in ketosis? I usually check every day and make sure I am, if not maybe something you are eating has hidden sugars. Just a thought. Also, how much water are you drinking?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 16:06

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi dreamfae,

Is your cheese really processed, or is that just how you entered it in FitDay? If it is, that's a no-no.

I think your veggies look good, but I'm not really sure you are getting enough fat. For example on one day, I think you only had 1 tbsp olive oil. Try not to fear it and be "liberal" with it. Cook your eggs in butter, or put butter on your veggies, cook more with olive oil instead of just using a little amount for salad dressing (I'm just guessing that's what you're doing). Also, do you use mayonaisse? Just dip veggies or even your burgers in it to help out. Or add in that 1/2 avocado - great with tuna or chicken salad.

Same question as meltinaway - how much water? Do you count it?

I don't think you're too far off!!

Rocky
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 17:52

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I would suggest increasing your carbs and your calories a bit. There are several days where you are below 20 carbs. If you are also getting fiber, then you subtract the fiber from the carb count. So, for example, if you ate 18 carbs and 4 fiber, that's a net of 14 carbs, which is really low.

Increasing carbs to 25-30 gives you a bit more flexibility in the foods you can prepare, too. I really think we need a variety of healthy foods.

You might want to cut back on the sodium full foods too, like ham. They cause you to retain water.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-04, 22:18

Stats: 298/209/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have to agree that you probably aren't getting enough calories or carbs. I see that on some days your carb count is lower then 20 and your calories are a bit low. Remember that our bodies are made to survive feast or famine. Your body might be holding onto every bit of stored fat because it is in starvation mode. I never thought I would see myself say or think this but up your calories and carbs and you should see past the stall.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 06:19
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I just looked at your fitday. It looks as though you only gave up the peanuts a couple of days ago. It also looks as though you cut your calories a couple of days ago. Your fitday doesn't go back through the entire month, so it is difficult to know what is going on. However, I disagree with the advice to raise calories. You've only had them low for a day or two, before that they were high -- often substantially over 2,000. Therefore, low calories cannot be what caused you to not lose weight over the past month. Very few of us with over 100 pounds to lose send our bodies into starvation mode by cutting calories. Once we are in ketosis, our bodies easily draw upon our ample fat supplies.

This is my advice:

1. Exercise! Walking is great. If you have access to a pool, swimming or water aerobics is great for htose of us with a lot to lose. According to your fitday, you are only doing the exercise you get from normal household work. We all need more than that.

2. Focus on eating whole, healthy foods. Keep the peanuts away. Get rid of the bacon, sausage, corned beef and other cured meats. Eat fish, chicken, beef, etc., as well as lots of vegetables (you can up them from the three cups of salad you are currently eating). Eat three good meals a day and avoid snacks unless you are really hungry. Focus on listening to your body -- eat when you are hungry and stop eating the second you are no longer hungry.

It's common for people to go into a stall after induction. I really think if you stick with it and focus on your health -- exercising and eating healthy foods -- you will start to lose again.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 08:30
Ohmahgawd! Really??

BF:

Thanks guys for all the great advice. I have been in the process of changing things around a bit, peanuts I have already thrown out, they were too much of a temptation for me. As far as the water, I had been drinkingat least 128 oz a day, up until about 3 days ago, and now since I am working in a very busy shop, I am having a hard time fitting it all in, and now I am only getting about 64. Hopefully, with all the changes, there will soon be a change comming my way. I'm not ready to give up yet, I just have some "tweaking" to do to get it right for me. Here's to being a LOSER!!

Dream
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 08:44
Ohmahgawd! Really??

BF:

Liz,
Your advice was the one that really seemed to make the most sense to me. I lowered my calories, and in the last couple of days, I LOST 3 LBS!! Thank you soooo much! I don't know why the heck I felt like I needed to eat so much! I am now eating less, feeling better, and losing again!

Also, Mona, I checked your fitday, and noticed that I was taking in alot more calories than you were, so that also backed up what liz was saying. You are awesome as well!

You guys are so great for all your good advice! Keep up the good work, and keep being losers!!!!

Terrie