Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231.5/223.5/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default new-questions-salad dressing and dessert

I am new to the forum and am starting Atkins after being on South Beach for 2 weeks and still had cravings. My hairstylist told me the ketosis is what made her cravings stop.

I wondered what salad dressings you could use in the induction phase. I was using Walden Farms Ranch and French but they seem pretty dull and watery. A friend who is doing South Beach recommended Marzetti Buttermilk Ranch. It only has 1 g of carbs but it does have 1g of sugar and the book said no added sugar.

On South Beach I could have a ricotta Cream dessert. Can anyone recommend anything sweet tasting that is ok for the induction phase?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 19:26

Plan: curves and atkins
Stats: 305/260/175 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

What I have heard is that one option for salad dressing is Ranch. It has 1 carb and yes it has sugar. But really the only way to get a salad dressing without sugar is to make it yourself. Check out the Kitchen forum for recipes. There are many wonderful ones to choose from.

As far as a dessert on induction. Try cream cheese, sugar free jello. Yes the jello has aspertame, some people it stalls some it doesn't. What helps also might be to make your own whip cream. Use heavy whipping cream, with a little bit of splenda. If you buy it from a can, it has sugar as an ingredient, that is not recommended.

Hope this helps a little bit.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 08:01
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

you can also just make sugar free jello with knox and kool aid and splenda or buy some sugar free jello sweetened with spelnda. Jolly rancher jello uses splenda and there are a few brands that you can buy online of jello in boxes that dont have aspratame.