Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 05:44

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Sunday - Feb 15

Welcome to the Protein Power Pals daily thread. All are welcome who are using, considering or curious about this WOE. We also welcome friends using other LC WOEs to drop by for some friendly conversation and a large glass of water.

Hope y'all had a wonderful Valentines Day..... My hubby is not the romantic type so things like anniversaries, Valentines Day and birthdays mostly pass unnoticed. I knew he was like this when I married him so no complaints here - just feel a little out-of-sync with the rest of the world on V-day if that makes any sense.

I am still in light ketosis this AM - weight is at 176.5 lbs. Tummy still doesn't feel so good. My menu yesterday was a bit high on calories but good on carbs.

Still watching my calorie per pound intake to try to drop another 5 lbs or so by about March 15. Calories per pound 2095 / 176 = 11.9 (aiming for around 9 to 10)

Total calories: 2095
Fat: 134 gms 1306 cal 59%
Sat: 49 gms 443 cal 21%
Poly: 32 gms 292 cal 14%
Mono: 45 gms 402 cal 19%
Carbs: 40 gms 125 cal 6% ECC: 32 gms
Fiber: 8 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 182 gms 729 cal 35%

Breakfast:
Out of egg-beaters so - 6 ozs baked chicken breast topped with a total of .75 cup mix of steamed peppers, onions and carrots (left overs) and toppled with 2 ozs cheese (put some tex-mex spices in this as well)
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Huge Salad at a local deli:
4 cups lettuce with various veggies (including tomato and carrots), about 2 slices bacon, slivered almonds, cheese, about 4 oz grilled chicken breast, 1/3 cup blue cheese dressing

Dinner: (tender tummy )
Yeti Mousse: 1.5 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder, liquid sweetener, 1 T vanilla flavoring and enough water to keep from burning out the blender (use immersion blender to blend until smooth)

About 80 ozs water & 30 ozs coffee

Last edited by Orang : Sun, Feb-15-04 at 06:00.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 07:27

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning.

Had a bad fibro day yesterday (the weather was 40 dgress with an artic air mass coming in today) and spent most of the day being a couch potato, except for doing laundry. Ate too d#~m much even though it was 'clean' food.

I haven't had a Valentine's Day celebration since I got divorced. No big suprise-there's a LOT of us out there like that.

Wnedy was here, Wendy was here SOOOOOOOOOOOO good to hear you, glad you're hanging in there. Sorry to hear about your friend. I have a friend (older than yours) who moved to FL to retire and developed melanoma and he is going under the knife tomorrow.

OK, I need to cheer up this thread. How about this:
http://www.glasbergen.com/images/fit345.gif
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 07:55

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Good one, Elaine!

Sorry you're still having tummy troubles, Renee. Good work on maintaining, though.

In case anyone missed my last post last night, you have GOT to try the Atkins Burgundy Chicken. REALLY tasty.

I'm now at 166 again, but not worrying. My numbers for yesterday were:
Calories: 1668 goal: 1500 - 1600
Fat: 106 (56%) goal: 70%
Carbs/ECC: 50/29 (9%) goal: 5%
Protein: 84 (20%) goal: 25%
Alcohol: 32 (13%) goal: 3 - 4 glasses per week
Calories are a might high, fat is low, carbs too high, protein was a little low. Had 3 glasses of wine (according to Fitday, a glass is 3.5 ounces). DH and I are going out to dinner tonight, so I'll keep it down to one drink before dinner and one glass of wine with dinner. Then no more for a while.

I'm actually having some trouble getting the fat up so high. Since I started upping the fat percentage (around January 18), I've only been able to average 60%. It's harder than you think! Take this morning's breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled in 1 pat of butter, 1 ounce cheese, 2 thick slices of bacon, 1/2 Dobie muffin with 1 pat of butter. You'd think I'd way over 70%:
Calories: 578
Fat: 44 (67%)
Carbs/ECC: 8/4 (6%)
Protein: 34 (23%)
That's still not 70%, but at least it's closer.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 10:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi again! Two days from me in a row!!!!

Renee-I'm interested in your theory now about 9-10x your current body weight in calories to lose. Where did you get these numbers? From your own past experience?

Elaine-How bad is your friend's melanoma? My friend went in for surgery a second time last week, this time they went into the lymph system as well, which they say is precautionary. She finds out how badly it's spread some time this week.

Kathy-Valentine's Day was good. I think it was all kind of thrown together last minute, but I don't really have that high of expectations of this day. Last year I had flown to Florida to be with an ex- and it turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes of my life. My DBF has similar bad memories, so I think we were both just hoping to "survive." He did get me a dozen roses, though, which was nice b/c I've never gotten roses before. Then we went to dinner at Red Lobster and he took me downtown to see the Columbus jazz orchestra, and then we went to Ruby Tuesday's for a slice of LC cheesecake. So it was a very nice evening. Thanks for asking

Well, I gotta million things to do today, but I'm glad I got the chance to check in with you guys. I've missed you!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:35

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning I decided to start induction today, no sense putting it off until Monday. I am ready and motivated so why not. I am planning to follow the Atkins induction but still keeping an eye on fat and calories. I have picked up too many bad habits that need to be broken while I can still fit in my clothes. I am also going to follow the 72 version of Atkins, found a thread on other board.

Wendy It is so good to see you posting! I have been thinking about you and ironically was going to post a "where in the world is Wendy" post yesterday. I am sorry about your friend Sounds like you had a nice V-Day after all. My DH turned V-Day around for me as well.

Elaine - I hope you are feeling better today

Bawdy - Enjoy your dinner tonight

I have a ton of meat defrosting, pork chops, chicken, steak so that I will be prepared this week and not tempted to stray.

to everyone!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Sunday

Hi, All!
I was planning to do some serious walking today, but it is raining cats and dogs so I guess I'll have to break out my new exercise DVDs (10 different programs) that I haven't yet tried ! I DID manage to get myself to water aerobics class THREE nights last week ! We also use stretch bands and water weights in this class, so it takes care of the resistance training and cardio.Quite a work-out, really! Sometimes I feel like drowning myself !
Did anyone see Larry King last night? He was showing the old interview he had with Dr. Atkins. I think Monday night he is supposed to have Dr. Atkins' widow on to talk about the recent speculations surrounding his death and the theft of his personal medical records.
Making a quick run to the store today for more of the yummy lowcarb wraps I found last week! Now I can have "sandwiches" again!!!
Hope everyone has a good day!
KAT
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 12:58

BF:

Ellie, care to share that thread on "Atkins 1972"? I'm curious to know what the differences are. I do know that nuts used to be allowed on Induction, but then they were taken away. Probably because it's so easy to overeat with nuts.

I've been trying to get a cardio workout going. I've been doing weight training and Bowflex, but haven't done a regular cardio workout in over a year. Maybe it will shock my body enough to get me over this hump. I really like step aerobics, and my favorite is Charlene Prickett. The last time I did step aerobics on a regular basis (4 to 5 times a week, an hour each time) I was doing the low-fat/high-carb thing. That's when I reached high of 190. Note, though, that I reached my high WHILE DOING the low-fat diet AND working out strenuously at least 4 times a week.

So, yesterday I popped in the tape. I used to be able to do them without working up too much of a sweat. They were hard, and I did sweat, but there was never a time I couldn't get through it.

Twenty minutes into the routine I was ready to quit. I stuck it out for almost 30 minutes, but I was totally wiped. Today I tried it again and got to almost 45 minutes.

I do think we have to shake things up once in a while and try something different -- both eating and exercising. Maybe the cardio is what I really need right now. I was amazed that I couldn't get through the workout. I'll take tomorrow off (thinking about some retail therapy, just to get out of the house), and then go for the full hour on Tuesday.

Just mulling things over.

Last edited by BawdyWench : Sun, Feb-15-04 at 13:04.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 13:39

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Wendy.My friend said that the doctors found 2 moles, one ok the other not ok. They believe they found it early enough and his prognosis is good, but you never know. I will wait to hear how it goes.
Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. Good for you!!!!

Bawdy, that's why I keep doing WATP. It gets me off my butt.I just did a 30 min Walk and Kick thart has a little (and I do mean little) bit of kickboxing in it. But it's a nice change from the regular WATP routine.I was born a couch potato and fibro doesn't make it any easier.

I dug out a bottle of burgundy and am making beef burgundy stew with cauliflower in it tonight (I had chicken for lunch). Sometimes I miss rice or noodles.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 13:49

BF:

Sometimes I miss noodles, too, until I eat a few and immediately bloat up like that fish Renee once posted!

I can really say I don't much miss those starchy side dishes. Last night, for example, I had maybe half a teaspoon of the smashed potatoes, and it tasted glue-y. I just as soon go without. Bread I miss sometimes, but only really good bread. I've never liked sandwiches, so that's not an issue. I do sometimes have a slice of lower-carb toast to dip in my over-easy eggs. And once in a great while I'll have a dinner roll.

My downfall is Ritz crackers. The person who invented those should really get a stern talking to! Once I start, it is sooooooo hard to stop.

I was actually thinking of you, Elaine, regarding the WATP tapes. I was thinking of ordering them, but then got to thinking that step aerobics are pretty much the same thing, and I already own 5 or 6 tapes. So, I'll stick with that for now. Maybe I'll check out the local video store to see if they rent them. Last time I was in, I noticed they had quite a few exercise tapes (something they never did in the past -- seems these tapes are stolen too often!).
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 16:45

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

#11   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 00:20

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

well now you can see me
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 00:37

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I hope everyone had a great day. I had a nice hike today. It was wonderful.