Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 09:05

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Post review: Wheatstone lc FROZEN WAFFLES

Found these in a Whole Foods Market, a natural grocery chain here. They are still pretty high in carbs, 6g per waffle, so I don't plan on having them more than once a week or less. But I have read that if you are going to eat carbs, morning is the time to do it. I do wish they had more fiber.

I found the taste to be quite good, despite the soy flour. Sometimes soy is a little overwhelming, and, if you are on the Greenwich diet, you avoid soy like the plague.

I tried the plain homestyle, but there are also Blueberry, and Cinnamon flavors. I toasted them fully and they maintained an okay texture with a little butter. I then added some warmed Atkins maple syrup and turned them mushy, but still very tasty and they stayed on a fork. If you try them, be careful of adding syrup. Or maybe use cold syrup. They are good for when you need a sweet, un-animal breakfast.

Total carbs per 2 waffles: 14g, dietary fiber 2g, sugars 2g. Protein 5g.

Ingredients: water, wheat flour, expeller pressed canla and or soybean oil, low fat soy flour, soy fiber, soy protein, egg whites, leavening, organic evaporated cane juice, soy lecithin, buttermilk, sea salt, guar gum.
Sponsored Links