Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 17:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default "NutriSystem Launches New Weight Loss Program"

NutriSystem Launches New Weight Loss Program

The Answer to Carb Confusion

link to press release

HORSHAM, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 02/02/2004 --
NutriSystem (OTC BB: THIN) has just released a new weight loss program, NutriSystem Nourish, providing an answer to America's carbohydrate confusion. NutriSystem Nourish is a revolutionary approach to weight loss based on balancing carbohydrate intake.

"This breakthrough program is a direct response to a customer that is busier and more demanding than ever before," said George Jankovic, president of NutriSystem. NutriSystem Nourish combines NutriSystem's proven portion control approach and first class weight loss counseling, with a low Glycemic Index menu that provides the good-carb, low-fat answer to today's carb confusion. NutriSystem Nourish also features new, easy-to-use exercise and behavior modification programs, all at an affordable price.

"We made a significant investment in reformulating more than 80 food items and updating our entire program with the belief that by satisfying the needs of our consumer, NutriSystem Nourish would be a success. Already, the feedback has been very positive. Our customers tell us over and over that the new foods taste great; they aren't hungry; and they are losing weight."

The NutriSystem Nourish program advocates a diet based on lower Glycemic Index "good carbs," optimal amounts of fat, protein and fiber, and proper portions, offering an answer to the good-carb/bad-carb and low-carb/low-fat debates with one of the most comprehensive weight loss programs in years.

"Eating lower Glycemic Index meals five times a day helps to keep blood sugar levels within a normal range, maximizing the metabolic rate and allowing the body to burn more fat," said Dr. Jay Satz, NutriSystem vice president of program and product development. "NutriSystem Nourish is rich in good carbs, while still low in fat, the most effective combination for healthy weight loss. Our customers are not hungry because they are fueling their bodies with the right type of carbs so they can utilize energy more efficiently. And, with 100 great-tasting breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts, each customer can select his or her favorite foods to enjoy."

Dr. Satz, a pioneer of the weight loss industry, was one of the founding fathers of NutriSystem's prepared food line, first introduced more than 25 years ago. Now, he has married his years of experience with the latest science and technology to bring NutriSystem Nourish to market.

NutriSystem Nourish provides a convenient and healthy diet program for the busy professional who often lacks spare time to do the slicing, dicing and weighing that other diets may require. One recent success is that of reality TV star Zora Andrich, who lost 20 pounds in nine weeks on the program.

Andrich commented, "I have learned about appropriate portions by eating prepared food on the program. What I really love is the convenience factor. I know at the beginning of each day exactly what I'm going to eat and I don't have to plan, measure or weigh anything...not to mention, I get to eat chips and chocolate every day. This especially works for me since many diets I tried in the past have left me feeling deprived."

NutriSystem Nourish provides unrivaled service and counseling with a dedicated web site and an online support team that is ready to answer any food or diet questions, as well as offer advice and encouragement to help customers achieve their weight loss goals. This unparalleled service is free of charge, not only to clients, but also to the general public as well.

The new NutriSystem Nourish web site and new foods are available now. Customers can order NutriSystem Nourish online at NutriSystem.com or by calling 1-800-321-THIN. NutriSystem Nourish has no membership fees and ships directly to every customer's front door.

Founded in 1972, NutriSystem is a leading provider of weight management products and services. The Company offers a weight loss program based on portion-controlled, lower Glycemic Index prepared meals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contacts:
Delphine Carroll
484-645-1455

Sheri Keiles
215-820-5300
Sponsored Links