Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/295.5/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 10%
Unhappy ACK!!! I sabotaged myself with

sour cream.... I was reading stuff over on the recipe board and one post was like TOTALLY for me....about eggs, and growing to hate them which I did the first week. The recommendation was to try them with sour cream (which BTW is totally YUMMY). Well over the course of week 2 I found myself adding sour cream to EVERYTHING for flavor (Yes, my name is Connie, and I have an addiction to sour cream). I was counting the carbs, and staying within 20, but this morning when I was reviewing posts from this weekend, I saw a post that MisterE posted ~ Induction foods with a link when I read the link the part of...
"one ounce per day" of sour cream nearly made me toss my eggs and sour cream. I've been stalling for over a week, but was determined NOT to give up, something would eventually give sooner or later, I assumed it was my daily workout and building muscle (or something to that effect) NOW I find out it was most likely my sour cream addiction. Oh well, this next week of "true" induction should be interesting...onward and downward (hopefully)
~Connie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 15:50

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think everyone makes mistakes, you just have to realise that if you do, just start over as soon as possible.

I messed up today because my water heater had busted the night before and my landlord was here fixing it and it was FREEZING!!! So, I wasn't hungry and I really needed to get some more groceries. So, my sugar level started to drop...I am hypoglycemic but I was too cold to cook and then suddenly I felt faint and so I grabbed the only thing I had for my non-carb counting dd...some crackers and I ate nearly the whole pack. When the heat came back on I was able to make me some eggs. Then I went and got some more food so I won't mess up again. I can sit here feeling bad about it, but I'm not.

I could've passed out or ate the crackers...so I ate the crackers! I think as long as I know that I messed up and can start over tomorrow, that's all that matters. I will definately make sure to have some hard boiled eggs just in case something else happens so my sugar-level won't drop so low...