Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 06:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mix of sorts
Stats: 174/168/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Wink Amazing Revelations

I've been at this WOE for about 9 weeks now. I was worried about this particular week because I'm working in a Food Concession trailer at the county fair. We sell hamburgers and hotdogs - thankfully - but also lots of nacho's, chips, chocolate, candy, soda's, etc.

I've tried to behave [I really want to lose this weight] and haven't had any soda at all in the past 9 weeks. Last night I was really thirsty and only soda was available to me. I took two swigs and YUCK!!!! It was like drinking thick sugar syrup! It was actually gross.

I never, ever thought I'd say anything like that. I guess it just goes to show that you will adapt and your taste will change after working at this for a while.

Those things I was sure I was going to miss in the beginning . . . well, I don't even think about them anymore.

I find it amazing . . .

Sandy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 06:46
Pending Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 186/150/135
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Agree with you!

Last night I had an urge for something sweet (PMS thingy...). So I ate a couple of pieces of candy and two cookies. I felt awful afterwards.

My body is telling me it doesn't like this stuff. It doesn't upset at carb snacks (I'm a little weak for Low Fat Cheese-Its). But boy, when I put sugar into myself, my body goes into protest!!

Okay, okay body! I hear you now. No more sugar!

Shirley
Florida
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 07:37
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 253/244/140
BF:
Progress:

Well I've only just started this diet and to say that I'm enjoying it is an understatement. I wouldn't say that it's because I've just started it and am still in high spirits either. I thought I would miss certain things and I didn't think I'd like doing it because of having to "work out" what carbo content was in the food etc. I'm glad I'm wrong.

I'm lucky where I don't have a sweet tooth, more of a savoury person and I love potatoes, pasta and bread. I'm not even missing those though so I'm feeling very positive. From what you've said I'm hoping that this will be a new way of eating for me - apart from the high fat content of course!

#4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-01, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Regular Pop

Funny, that's exactly how I describe regular pop....sugary water....(cola reminds me maple syrup).

I've been drinking diet pop for 18 years (I'm not a big pop drinker though)...so I understand about the taste. Occasionally I indulge in a diet soda, but I like it with lots of ice and lime if it's cola!!

As you can tell, I'm not particularly fond of diet pop either!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 05:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

I agree with you guys on the sweet tastes. The other day I made some sugar free jello and it was WAY too sweet for me! I ended up throwing it away. My tastes are changing I guess. I used to drool over sweets and high carb goodies, but now I find myself drooling if I see a commercial featuring a nice, juicy steak! LOL

Wendy