Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 00:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default motivation

hey guys!! hope all is well in the world of wishing for wooshes!!

ANYWAY, i thought we could all use these tools to help us with our weightloss...

write a personal statement--what is your personal statement?? it should be short and a few words, like 'perservere to the end,' or something like that.

write a mission statement--like a company statement; this should include your beliefs and where you want to be in a few years

make goals--you have to write specific goals. bill phillips, zig ziglar, all of them say that it's justwishful thinking, dreaming and your mind won't register it if you don't write it down. instead of 'i want to lose weight', say something like 'i want to lose 20lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle, and i want this accomplished by december 2004,' or something like that.i see most of us have already done this!!

what are your personal statements? what are your goals and mission statements with these programs we're on? i'd be interested in hearing about them--it can be quite motivating!! good luck!! i'll post mine when i have them refined! i thought this could help us all with our weight loss goals, and it makes for an interesting read!

and remember this: we are ALL worthy of having a mission statement for life, we are ALL worthy of making goals and achieving them. we have the same capabilities as the famous atheletes, presidents, etc., we just need to harness our inner strength and go for it. good luck writing your mission statement guys!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 09:39

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Thank flynlee! Goals are great, especially those mini-goals. And you're absolutely right that EVERYONE is worth this!

Squid
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 20:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

cool!! i hope i made it clear on what the statements were. i just know sometimes you get stuck and rethinking your goals and making a mission statement can be really motivating! i'm still working on mine, but as i started the thread, i'll post it as soon as i get it up!!