Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 23:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/258/175 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Fat and angry!

I lost about 80 pounds then I went off on a six month carb free for all and here I sit fat again.
I've tried to start again a few times but I give up and look for the cookies and ramen noodles.
I am pretty mad at myself for accomplishing so much and then just throwing it away.
I recently had a radical lifestyle change and a lot of stress so I just started eating one day and never stopped.
My good friends and neighbors are health freaks and are completely against Atkins and made me sorry I even mentioned it to them.
You know the type, Skinny as a bird and always have been, their idea of treating themselves is to juice some carrots and celery.
I need to jump back in but its hard to get going.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 23:53
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Yes, it is!

Just make sure you grill your juicy steak on a day when the wind blows toward the neighbor's house!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 23:54

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hey you want to lose weight and that makes you a health freak too

I'm glad you're back at it. I find it easier at the beginning of induction if I stock up with things I like such as bacon, lots of cheese, prime rib and steaks. When Ive been on induction a few days my hunger goes away and then it's easier to stick with it. Then I cut down on the salty foods and eat more chicken and fish.

Are you doing something to get the stress down in your life so you can be successful at this? I hope so!

Squid
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 23:56
Registered Member

Stats: 251/172/135 Female 5'7
BF:48/31/18
Progress: 68%
Default I understnad

I have been there too. Getting back into a diet, is almost twice as hard as starting it the first time. The thing you need to think about is, do those cookies, and noodles taste better than the feeling you had of success the first time around? Now it wont be easy, but its all about pushing yourself to gain that confidance back....and you are definently in the right place for support, good luck
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:24

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

dont worry about the naysayers. i saw my two aunts yesterday both of whom are well over 200 lbs probably closer to 300 and they saw me after having losing over 60 lbs and swear that atkins is not healthy! have they even read the book? no!

so who do u think is healthier me who eats all the fatty steak i want and has lost 65 lbs or the people who swear it is unhealthy and are pushing 300 lbs and miserable?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:12

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

You are a living example that "diets" do not work. You really have to change the way you eat for life. Otherwise you will just yo-yo up and down losing a ton of weight (literally) and constantly putting in back on.

It sounds like a big part of where you are at is convenience. High carb food is so easy--all the desserts ready to eat as soon as you purchase them. Noodles ready in a minute. Instant candy and drinks and chips and ice cream and all the high carb "convenience" foods. You need to spend some time and decide if your health and well beging are worth giving up some convenience and planning your meals and snacks and really accepting that you cannot ever again eat high carb and be a normal weight.

Tough love but true. We carb addicts have to give them up just like junkies have to give up drugs and smokers have to give up tobacco. It doesn't feel fair but that is just the way it is.

You have made this WOE work for you before. Once you decide that you really want to be healthier and smaller, jump on in. You can do this.

Good luck.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:59

Stats: 203.5/163/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 52%

I had been lost about 20 lbs back in 2002 on atkins but then in the process of moving to a new place, I got stressed out and started eating carbs again and gained it all back plus some. Now I'm back on and am losing faster than last time. Stick with it and you'll do great!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 17:19
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Glad you're here, and taking the right steps to improve your health. Since there's nothing you can do about the past--just look forward. You'll do great!

Also, always glad to "meet" a fellow Okie--there are a few of us around.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:06
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

You can do it. You need a plan for losing and a plan for maintaining. Carbs are an addiction!!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:20

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Stress is a killer for those who are trying to lose weight, isn't it? Those carbs we stuff ourselves with make us feel good for the moment, and we regret it for soooo long afterwards!

Try to get a handle on the stress with the major lifestyle change. Figure out what you can really control and what you can't. Then focus on what you can control and ignore the other. Once you get yourself in a calmer place you won't need those "feel-good, look-bad" carbs as much.

Hang in there and use this forum...we are here to help. Everyone has been there, done that!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 14:18

Plan: Atkin
Stats: 192/190/130 Female 63
BF:30%
Progress:

Bigshooter hanginthere, im just a newbie and am beginning a long road after losing and gaining the same lousy 10 pounds over again exactly 5 times last year. (Literally) But after staying away from carbs for just a week i feel like im in control of food again instead of vica versa. Regular lf dieting works if you have the willpower but lc works for you and you don't have to fight the cravings as much. I wish you and i both a lot of luck. i know we deserve freedom from fat.

P.S. Need a buddy i.m. me sometimes

Wimpie