Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 18:29

Plan: My own
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 5'5"
BF:100%
Progress: 6%
Talking New Here

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi everyone, I am new to this board but definitely not a newbie to low carbing.
I am pretty much here to help me stay on track, hear nice words of encouragement, and get a kick in the butt when needed! I have over 150lbs to lose and it seems like I'll never get there, I guess that's the wrong attitude that got me this way in the first place. I am starting again this week for like the 20th time. Last year I was going strong and was half way to my goal but I cheated for the holidays and couldn't fully get back into it. I would start, be fine for a day or two then hit the carbs again, each time I'd be off for longer and it would be harder to start again, then finally I would eat anything I could find. I also find it harder to enjoy low carb foods now, the thought of eating meat, cheese and eggs grosses me out, on the other hand I don't have a problem shoveling them in along with potatoes, or rice, pasta, etc!
I think I need some ideas to make the food not so heavy, I just feel blah after eating meat and cheese, veggies don't help either. Does anyone else have this problem? I am also addicted to iced tea, the already sweetened kind (the really yummy kind!!)
Well, that's me and my battle with carbs, I'll be on tonight for awhile reading ppls posts, and try to get to know everyone.
You have a really cool site here and I'm glad to have found it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 18:45

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Well HI Sneaky and welcome! You'll find alot of support on these threads. My story sounds very similar to yours. I'm back trying this again after gaining all that I lost and the road ahead seems very long, but at least I'm back to try again and so are you. Think about starting a journal and then folks can come and visit you and offer some inspiration. Good luck on your low carb journey!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 18:12
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Sneaky, Welcome to the forum, well if it is butt kicking you need there is plenty here, no pitty parties for screw ups. We have all been up and down. I just cheated for christmas and before I relost all of that, I just had my birthday celebration so I am hitting the LC trail really hard starting with my excercise in the morning and salads and steak for tomorrow. There is a hugh recipe section here and you may be surprised at what you see there. It's not all steak and veggies anymore!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 18:24
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi! Welcome to LoserLand! Best place to meet those commited to a better way of health.
If it suits you I invite you to come by the Triple Digits Club. Those of us with more than 100 pounds to lose talk about things of particular interest to us folx with a little extra to lose.
Regardless where you choose to visit you will find kind and understanding people who care.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 00:46

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome this is a great place for support, motivation and education. Great to see you here. Good Luck!!!!