Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 20:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default strange question

i have a very strange question. i have lost forty pounds,from 200 to 160, yet I still have a double chin. i am a size 12-14, and i can''t figure out why i have a double chin.i stiill have thirty pounds to lose... is it because i'm only five foot four and weight is carried differently on us short people?

anyway, i've found a lot of usseful information on your all's post--thanks so much!!

i told you it was a strange question...i''m ony sorry i don't have a digital camera set upp to post a pic of my weight loss...i'll get it up one of these days...if ya'll are starting up back lc'ing on the first as i am, i wish yoou luck!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 20:57

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Congratulations on your loss,fynnlee. It just may be genetic like like noses and gray hair. Or, perhaps your body needs to adjust to your new weight.

My hands used to look pretty. When I gained weight, they looked like my father's hands. Now that I've lost the weight they look like my mom's hands. Either way they are much different from my youthful hands. I also have a thick waistline, which is why I am losing more than the original 30 lbs. I upped that to 40 lbs to lose with emphasis on my waistline.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 21:03

BF:

thanks for replying!! yeah, i gues it could be genetic, because even when i was small i had a double chin. i can live with it, i think, once my waist is to my goal weight...but thanks for answering! this board is great...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 21:07

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

maybe after you lose the rest of the weight it will disappear! Might just be one of those 'stubborn' spots!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 23:02
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Even after you reach goal or a healthy weight it can take something like 6 months for the body fat to even out someone posted elsewhere. Basicaly you'll have thick and thin parts for a while until your body settles down and gets everything redistributed.

It could also just be one of those things your stuck with. I know alot of women still have the belly pouch even if they get underweight (course kids have alot to do with that do, reverse genetics? )

If it was another part of the body, specific targeting exercises could help. All I can think of though is those old movies of teh 40's and 50's where you see the woman looking in the mirror and smacking the heck out of her chin and neck

One thing that could helps is posturing. Straiten your back, and tuck the tummy and tush (this helps with all over looking thiner as well as ease of breating) Don't look down, instead lift that chin high, stick it out a bit and look everyone dead in the eye. That should fluster them enough they only look at your eyes not your chin
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 23:30
Contributing Member

Plan: ZONE
Stats: 236/224/135 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

A friend of mine lost that much weight and still had her double chin..she eventually lost it though. I think its the distribution of weight or something. I remember thinking her face
still had some fat and then it was gone. So don't go for the lypo yet..I think she looked cuter with the fuller face anyway. Congratulations on your results I am impressed.
Kristina
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 23:46
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

if ya get a little waist, no one will look at your chin, they will be too busy looking down below at you- you sexy thing!!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:52

BF:

thanks! ;-) i do feel better, now, though because i saw a skinny woman on tv with a round face like mine, with a double chin...so i'm doing much better!! thank you all!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:55

BF:

oh, and someone mentioned that it might be genetics like grey hair or something like that--i'm only 23 and found my first grey hair!! strangly enough, i'm excited about it. i love in the first x-men when that one chic(forgot her name) has all that black hair and one greyish white streak. although i don't think mine'll turn out that way. either that or i'll be called skunk head the rest of my life like i call kitty bartholomew on hgtv...oh well, c'est la vie...