Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 119/115/115 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default LeCarb Chocolate Ice Cream = Headache!

Am I the only one that gets an INSTANT headache from this? I've had Breyers carbsmart with no problem and I think the vanilla flavor of LeCarb doesn't give me a headache..

I've only ever experienced this type of reaction to MSG where i get a headache almost immediately after I'm done eating it..

Anyone have an idea of what ingredient could be causing this? (No, I'm not allergic to chocolate in general
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, now SB
Stats: 142/128/110 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I have no clue. The ingredients they have listed on the chocolate aren't unusual for ice cream or low carb products, but have you tried their other flavors? I think they have 7 total.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 119/115/115 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default I've had the vanilla

And didn't notice any problem.. with the chocolate I tested it three times and got a headache eachtime, even from a little bit!

The supermarkets in NYC only carry chocolate vanilla and strawberry and I'm not a big fan of fruit flavored ice cream so I've never tried strawberry.

At first I thought it was the almonds in the chocolate almond, but then I had the regular chocolate and still got a headache. Maybe its a preservative? I'm not allergic to any foods (that I know of) so I'm very perplexed!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 09:57
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

That is odd. You'd think the carbsmart or the endulge would cause problems because of the sugar alcohols.

I tried the chocolate almond and wasn't mipressed. I love the homade vanilla flavor though, and that's what I get and use all the time. Maybe just stick to other flavors for a while? Get some DaVinccy or torini chocolate syrup to go with it, or make a float with it if you really want the chocoalte.