Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217.5/186.5/135 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Howdy, all! Need calcium supplement help.

Hello, friends! I'm new to this forum and relatively new to the LC WOE, having started Atkins 6/23/03. I've been delighted, both with the results so far (31 pounds lost, and about 22 inches!) and with the support I've received from most of my friends and family. My husband has been especially wonderful and encouraging. He knew immediately that I would enjoy the challenge of finding new ways to cook the things we love, as well as new dishes to try. I have!

Naturally, I have some questions for you experts, and my first one has to do with calcium supplements. I take a multivitamin with 250mg of calcium once a day, but since I'm a woman over 45 and (according to my physician) entering "perimenopause," I wanted to bump that up with an extra 500mg calcium supplement. Just calcium, too; my multivit already has minerals and Vitamin D. My problem: with the regular supplements, the darned pills are too big for me to swallow, and all the chewables I've found so far have carbs in them. My temporary solution is a rather unpleasant-tasting powdered supplement that you dissolve in water, but I'd like to find a better alternative if I can. Is there a low carb chewable out there?

Margaret from St. Louie[FONT=Garamond]
Sponsored Links