Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:
Default Trader Joe's...say it isn't so!!

I just got off the phone with the manager at Trader Joe's. He told me they are no longer going to carry O' SoLo rollz! When I asked him why, he responded "It is a substandard product; it keeps coming to us moldy. We will not carry it until they fix this problem." I've been buying these rolls there for months and never had a problem. In fact, the expiration date when I bought two boxes was a month away, and they lasted almost to that date (before I ate them all!)

Has anyone else encountered this problem with Trader Joe's or any other distributor? Does anyone know where else these are sold in Michigan other than the internet?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 11:05

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Ziggy, we use o'solo rollz daily. Out of the 20-30 boxes I think I have purchased, three rollz were moldy inside their wrapper (three different boxes). That doesn't stop me from continuing to buy them. I now get them over the internet for less than it cost me to buy them in the store.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 12:03
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi WendyLynn. Where do you order them from that's so cheap?
Thanks!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 13:15

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Ziggy, I order ours now from www.thebetterhealthstore.com for $2.34/box. Orders over $50 have free shipping. I order Low Carb Success hot cereal and granola from them too so it is rather easy to come up with the $50 order. The only thing they don't have that I need is DaVinci syrup. I was very pleased with their prompt service. I got an email immediately then again when the order was shipped the next day. I think I got the order within 4 days of ordering. I hope this helps.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 14:02
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Great! Thanks again WendyLynn!