Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 17:26

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Unhappy help please!!!!!!

I know you have heard this before but can someone please help me think of how to get over the first few days of induction!! I have been trying to get on it for about a week. Every day I blow it! I have this weekend to do some precooking and planning. Does someone have aninteresting menu that worked or some mental ideas ANYTHING. I really am struggling. I can't seem to quit putting no nos into my mouth and I WANT to do this and do it right. I know once I am past the first few days it will get easier.

HELP

I need to have things ready to grab so that I am not tempted with the non lc easy stuff. I am struggling mostly with things like popcorn, and sugar free ice cream bars... oh yes and lc bread. I want to stay away from all of that until I am in owl or later.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 17:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/128./115 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 43%

The first week was easy for me, but the second was murder. What to eay, what to eat. I have spent many hours on the computer finding things to make this WOL easier. It keeps me from eating no-nos!!!!

Try the breakfast meatballs, makes 50 and they freeze great, morning noon or night. Also try spending the evening in the Kitchen making wonderful dishes ahead of time, like the Pizza Quiche I just found last night. It is the best tasting almost pizza ever! I also cook up a few chicken dishes as well as a big pork loin so that I never tire of one type of meat.

Quiting the munching is hard, but if you stick with this WOL, you'll find you don't munch just 'cuz you're not as hungry!!!!

Happy surfing, the internet is a gem for us L/Cers.

Keep with it, you deserve a better WOL!!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 19:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4n46b/...pesdesserts.htm
she has a great site with induction menus for 14 days I believe. Try to keep the food you cannot eat away from you or out of the house. It is hard but focus and you will make it.
angie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 22:42

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Talking thanks

Went shopping tonight and really stocked up on the lc. Unfortunately my hubby stocked up as well on the not so healthy items. Thankfully most of them are not too tempting to me.

Thanks so much for the website. I have aready copied 10 of recipes for my lc recipe book that I have. Some of them look really great. I like that they come with several on a page. My brother is coming for Thanksgiving and is no lc too I am going to copy some and give to him in a binder as a gift.

Thanks for the encouragement and info. I look forward to changing my cheatfree sign to more than a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!