Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 08:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%
Unhappy A Prodigal returns.....

Well,,,it has been about three months since I was here.....and I have really fallen off the wagon...
I had foot surgery in July, and ever since then have been doing other stuff,,,eating whatever,,,,but before that I had been on Atkins for over a year and had lost 53 pounds, which is great for a person in their fifties.
However, 9 weeks ago my daughter talked me into joining weight watchers with her,,,I did,,and have lost 11 pounds,,,but have been gaining the last two weeks, The thing that really buend me up, waslast week they were discussing the low carb diets that aaare so popular . Thye said they didnt work,that you wouldnt have fruits and vegetables,,that they were unhealthy,it just made me really upset that they talked so freely about something that they have never tried. So,,I told my daughter,,,I am going back to Atkins this weekend! I felt great when I was on it,,had no cravings, was never hungry, and was losing inches when I wasnt losing pounds. So, I have been reading all your posts,,and will be back this weekend,,have a pitch in at work today so am going to wait till that is over Many of my friends are doing the low carb thingnow too,,so it will be easier this time.
Anyway, thanks for being there all of you,,,,this site was my main source of inspiration before, and will be again I am sure.
See you tomorrow!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/214.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I fell off the wagon too!! I've been back to this WOE for about 6 weeks now and my first goal is to get back to the weight I was at when I quit a few months back.

It is harder each time to start. I have really been faithful, tracking every carb at www.fitday.com

My husband is also eating low carb with me and has lost over 12 lbs in this time. ( He only had 20 to loose anyways.) I knew I had to get back on track before the halloween candy started! I have not had one cheat day, but I'm allowing myself Thanksgiving Day to feast. Pray that I hop back on track Friday!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 13:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Oooh,,it is so good to know I am not the only one who fails once in awhile!! I started back Friday,,and have been drinking water and coutning carbs..already feel better,,according to the scales I have lost 2 pounds. Thats okay,,I have lost bloat and that means inches!!
My husband has lost 25 recently,,,is about at his goal,,those male metabolisms!!! It just aint fair!!!
Last year I ate on Thanksgiving and didnthave a problem getting right back on,,,I didnt overdo it though so that made it easier. Once the cravings are gone ya really hate to get em started again, so I try to be very careful.
Where are you from?? I was born in Hammond Indiana,,lived in East Chicago and Whiting when I was a teen,,,live near Indianapolis now,born and bred Hoosier! Well,,take care,,and keep counting!!! Gotta go help the hubby with the Christmas decor! Will be back soon,,as I plan on checking in faithfully,,this group was a great support to me before!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 18:59
Registered Member

BF:

I live in Chesterton. I have lived in this area most of my life. Grew up in LaPorte & Michigan City.

I have to go to fitday all of the time to keep track of my weight. It isn't easy to take the weight off after you have been off the diet for awhile. It was soooo easy the first time and I wasn't even counting the carbs as well as I do now. I know it won't come easy, but I look and feel much better after I loose a few lbs. My mood has improved and I wake up feeling rested. My skin is in the best condition it has ever been in! Soft as silk!
I just can't run to the refrigerator to solve my stress. The answer to stress isn't found in chocolate or pasta.

It helps me to have a lot of low carb options available if I feel the need for a quick bite. Cubes of cheese or a quick omlette with bits of diced ham...stuff that doesn't require a lot of thought or time! Also, Seltzer water is my new drink of choice. Black cherry or lime! MMMMMM
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

Hello! I am a Hoosier myself.. and must admit after REACHING GOAL>> fell off wagon bigtime! In fact I actually have not been good for quite sometime. One little cheat turned into a MONTH ..then TWO>> I have not been to this forum lately due to the fact that I feel like a failure rather than a success story. I have tried getting back on induction,but have noticed it is HARDER now to stay focused then it was at first. I have gained a few pounds back.. about 6lbs,butI have noticed how crappy I feel.. bloated etc. I've decided Friday.. day after Thanksgiving I will have to redo induction. I need DETOX badly!!! The one thing I have realized is that we are all SUCCESS stories.. whether we maintain or fall off now and then.. whether we have lost 2 lbs or 100.. So here I am BACK and realizing that I must get HONEST again. Thanks for listening.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:56
Registered Member

BF:

I do once a month controlled cheat days. A few months ago my cheat day turned into a week and then a few months! I have been back on since 10-27-03. My first controlled cheat day will be Thanksgiving Day. Then I will be faithful until Christmas Day.
One a month at a time. I know I can't make it without a break now & then. Knowing that I have a day coming helps keep me sane. (Or as close as sane gets in my family!)
My average carb intake is around 17 a day right now. When I get down to 175, I will add a few more veggies and try to make it aound 22-25 a day.