Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Baby Boomers !!!!!!

I am 53 years old and gained most of my weight very quickly when I went through menopause and stopped smoking at the same time! (went from 120-160 in 9months!) Just wondering about others my age who are doing low carb. I am assuming that the rate of weight loss may be a little slower for us???Don't know! Would love to hear from some other Baby Boomers! Any special tips for us?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 09:20

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hey, katlynweb! I'm 44, and I used to work out all the time. Gained a bunch when my lifestyle changed and no longer had the time to do that. I got a degree and got married, new job in a town with too many great restaurants.
I'm getting wonderful results and I really like eating this way. Plus my mom gained a lot with menopause, couldn't get rid of it no matter how low fat she went, and how much exercise, until she went on Atkins and is doing really well.
This was a wake up call for me, since I'm looking at the same kinds of life changes.
I think I had pretty good results because of all that exercising I used to do. And I do live on the third floor...highly recommended!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 11:05

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Hi katlyweb - I'm 51 and love this WOE. I'm a slow loser, but that's okay. The benefits of knowing my blood sugar is stabilized, lowering my blood pressure and lowering my total cholesterol are worth it. 'Sides, now I get to eat red meat again! I'm never hungry and I feel great. The only thing I could possibly ask for is to lose more quickly, but hey, I didn't get this fat overnight and it isn't going away overnight.

Stick around, you'll get lots of positive support from this group. Plus, there is an over 50 forum on down the line if you scroll down a ways.

shortstuff
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 20:21

Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

hi katlynweb! i just turned 55 on monday...bleh!!! but check out the menopausal and peri-menopausal thread...lots of good feedback in there!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=118074

there's the link...i believe from the beginning...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 20:27

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi there, you are a few years ahead of me, but my weight came on slowly as I hit 40,
You can see by my profile, this has work great for me. ( was acually 135.5 this morning???)
But I went through many weeks with no lose, you must just stick to it, and be prepared to have a few of those, LOL

Good Luck Kathy
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 05:34
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Another one on the tail end of the Babyboomers here. This eating style has been working out great for me. Far better than anything I have ever tried in my life! AND I have tried a lot.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 09:44

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I am a baby boomer, I turned 55 in March. I have done well with this but have had a bad month. I know it works and works well. I enjoy cooking so I am always looking up recipes to make things more interesting.

You all have a good day.

Windy