Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 17:20

Plan: CAD
Stats: 230/215/130 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default Teen age daughter

Hi! I'm on the Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program, and I'm doing very well I've lost more than 15 lbs in a little over a month. I've just ordered the book for children and teens. I have a beautiful 15 year old daughter that has all ways had a weight problem, even as a small child everything she ate seemed to make her gain weight, she ate far less than the other children but she still gained weight, needless to say she has had a very hard time in school because of the weight, the other children couldn't get past the weight to see what a kind, sweet person she is, We moved to a new state a year ago and the kids here don't care about her weight at all she is very popular, and everyone likes her.
She had started to lose before we moved, she was exercising all of the time and she wasn't eating like she really should to make it last, well she is the same weight but she wares smaller clothes, because she has turned some of the fat in to muscle. Is the a forum or some place for her to talk to others like her? I've gone on the forum area that seems to have only kids on Atkins, I would never approve of her going on Atkins, I don't think its that good for growing children.

Carolyn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 17:27

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 189/164/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:don't know
Progress: 46%

Hey ccook1! I'm 16 and I would be more than happy to talk with your daughter. I love making new friends. It's so much easier when you know that someone is going through the same thing as you with weight issues. Not just to talk about that but just to talk about everything. Although I must say I'm on Atkins. But I would still love to make a new friend just to talk to. If she would like to talk to me just let me know and I'll give you my e-mail address or she can visit my journal or even pm me on here. I really hope I get to meet her soon!

Take care!
*~*Candi*~*
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 18:35
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Carolyn
There are kids on the CAD for kids. JeanieF's son comes to mind. You just have to go to the lc parents forum and ask. I'm sure there are some there. Your daughter is at a great age to control and lose through CAD. I wish I had this knowledge then.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 18:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 230/215/130 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default My Daughter

Candi, My daughter Jessie, says she would like to talk to you too. I couldn't PM, so just give me your e-mail address and she will e-mail you.

Carolyn
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 18:50

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

hi im 21..... but i do have stuff in common with your daughter, i too ... have grown up being a "bigger girl" all my life, i mean geez i could eat teensy amounts and gain .... and i think the forum is a great place for her to hang out.. there are alot of great people on here in her age group

Misty
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 19:58

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 189/164/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:don't know
Progress: 46%

My e-mail address is clyde11995~hotmail.com (For some reason it isn't letting me put the little at symbol so its at homail.com)I look forward to talking to her!

*~*Candi*~*

Last edited by clyde11995 : Sun, Nov-02-03 at 19:59.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 07:11

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

My son, Jeff is 16 and has been doing CAD for about 2.5 months now. He has lost 22 lbs and is feeling really good. He hasn't started posting on the forums yet, although he reads them a lot but he says he wants to start

Good luck to your daughter, I, like many others, wish I had found this when I was her age
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:20

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

hi,
i think was the only person on my island doing cad. recently my mom started reading the book. now we cad and excercise together. it's been different since then and that's the best support you can give him!YOURS!! the forums helped allot also but cannot compare to yours!!!!