Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 11:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (as close as I can)
Stats: 200/180/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Beer lover & still losing

I drink the Mic Low Carb beer several times a week & havent noticed that it stalls my weight loss--yet anyways. I have been lc for 6 wks & started at 200 & am almost at 180. My goal is 150. Im losing pretty quickly even with the alcohol - I stopped for a wk & didnt lose anymore than normal. I have cheated a few times & that didnt seem to stop the weight loss either -- Im not pushing it anymore though!

If I hit a stall than Ill cut the weekly beer out for sure! My weight loss is more important the the taste of beer!!

Anyone else out there who enjoys beer or wine & still losing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:04
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I do still lose, but I dont think I lose as fast when I imbibe... If I drink, I am sure to drink water also, and I eat smaller meals throughout the day then dont eat late (avoid those late night drive thrus when you got a buzz) I also drink the Mic Ultras, and plug them into fit day (I added as a custom food) so that when I look back for patterns if I stall, I will see if that has been a factor.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:09
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'm happy for you that you're finding it so easy. You seem to be in the lucky minority, but enjoy it, I guess!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:10
Registered Member

BF:

Yeah!! Someone else! No tipsy driving for me!
I see your goal of 135 & I would love to be there! I set mine at 150 since Im a size 7/8 & feel good there but 135 would be high school days! Oh wow! After three kids imagine that! Your doing a great job!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:

Potatofree---I dont know if Im finding exactly that easy! LOL----believe me, with three kiddos in the house its so hard not to lick the frosting for the school cupcakes off my fingers! One little lick & Im done for the day! I cant pop the dropped raisins or goldfish crackers in my mouth like I used to! Talk about having to retrain the brain!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:18
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Oh, dear! I didn't mean easy in THAT sense...it's a challenge even when the weight is coming off...

I meant that a lot of us tend to stall with the slightest deviations from the plan.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:19

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%

I too have been drinking the whole time (I didn't even really quit on induction, but cut WAY back). I don't drink to excess but enjoy a glass or two of wine with a meal once or twice a week and a low carb beer or vodka martini or two on the weekends. IT doesn't seem to slow my loss. I did plan a big cheat for the Great American Beer Festival here in Denver and had bad effects, it was after all, real beer. I gained three pounds (and I had two slices of real pizza) and it took two weeks to get rid of them. But after I got that off (and it wasn't worth it by the way) I am still losing a steady one pound a week...
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 12:51
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I am not sure that I will get there, i have two kids. That is what I used to weigh before kids and a hysterectomy and :wink: a few pounds ago :wink: I set it as a goal originally when I started this WOE mainly I think because that is the goal I set on every diet I have been on. now that I have found out this really works, I may stop short of goal, depends on what I look and feel like when I get to that point. 150 may be the number for me. I found that setting mini goals was a great idea (and I learned it here) so that even though you haven't reached your ultimate goal, you still have positive reinforcement and the satisfaction of reaching a goal!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:52

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I drink Friday and Saturday nights (diet soda and Vodka) and I seem to be ok...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 14:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

I have a thin ice or a rum and diet rc cola now and then. I have had low carb margaritas too....
Dont seem to effect me but then I dont do it often
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 15:36
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

I have found it quite hard to give up alcohol on this WOL .... I really enjoy a glass or two of wine after work, but try and keep it out of control ... with each glass my self-discipline goes down a couple of notches ... and it is easy for me to get stuck into a hazy high-carb carnage ...

Will defo try the michelob lights .... did try a spell on gin and diet tonic, but was pole-axed after a couple!!!

ah well!!!

Lindy
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/145/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I'm still losing, and I drink Miller Lite now and then. Alcohol really increases my appetite, though, so I have to watch it. It's too easy for me to go overboard on calories if I've had a couple.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

A glass of wine at nights about 4-5 nights of the week, and it didn't effect my weight loss either. :-)
Heidi
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 05:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

I LOVE that about this WOE. Ultra, AND LeCarb ice cream don't affect my weight loss :-)
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 10:25
SeeMyself

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitwit
I have found it quite hard to give up alcohol on this WOL .... I really enjoy a glass or two of wine after work,
Lindy

I am like you nitwit (cute name) I have had a hard time giving up my lite beers... My husband and I enjoy a few in the evening when its "our" time, and I have decided not to give them up, I am loosing slowly, "but steady" and still not feeling deprived of a little pleasure that I truly enjoy! I low carb all day and at dinner, (my dh has just recently joined in with me after watching me) and I count in those extra carbs from the beer, I think since I allow myself this pleasure it keeps me more in line (I'd rather have a beer than "blow it" on a plate of pasta!) Take care.