Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 06:59
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Early TOM — help girls!

Ladies, I've read all the threads about how this WOE messes up your TOM, and I myself had been getting it a few days earlier than usual for the past few months. I'm on a low-estrogen birth control pill, so three weeks of pink pills and one week of green (sugar) pills, which I don't take for obvious reasons!

This time around TOM started two weeks early! It feels like I just had it! It usually only lasts for 3 days, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm getting a little concerned. I know this WOE messes with your cycle, as does exercise and all that, but I'm wondering if I'll still be protected during my "off" week, since this came so early. Do you think I'll be safe the green week, or should I just go ahead and start a new pack without taking a week off?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 07:02

Plan: atkins, modified
Stats: 220/170/150 Female 5'5
BF:40%/32%/20%
Progress: 71%

OH yes...one of the side effects! I hate this one! I would ask your dr. about this one. I get my TOM a week - two prior then the green as well, I continuosly take The Pill, and don't take a week off from it. Not sure if this is what I should be doing...but I don't need it for protection so it's not an issue for me...UNFORTUNETLY.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 10:29
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I have not been on the pills for years and years now so I don't really have any advice to offer. Only per usualy smart ass comments.

When I first read the title of this thread my brain said, better early than not at all.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/182.5/140 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

As for the constantly taking the Pill: if it a monophasic such as they are the same color except for the "sugar" pills ex. OrthoCyclen, then it's ok. They are actually looking to release a new set of Pills that are packaged as such. I have not heard about doing this with the triphasic ex.OrthoTricyclen.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 11:10
Diet Cokeaholic

BF:

Mary, thanks for making me look on the bright side — early sure is better than not at all! It's not the time in life to be dealing with a baby, much as I'd love it to be.

I'm waiting on my gyno to call me back. I always thought it was weird that it was starting before the "off" week, like it wasn't supposed to do that — much less two weeks into them! Being a woman is such a pain sometimes...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/179.5/140 Female 67 in
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 21%

Not on any bc- and my TOM seems to be on schedule-not early, not late. BUT-one thing that I THINK Im noticing is that MAN it seems heavier (sorry to be gross)! Is it my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?? L
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:50
Diet Cokeaholic

BF:

Lory,
I've noticed that too. Mine used to last 2 1/2 days (nothing to complain about, I know) pretty heavy, but it's now 3-4 days at the same heaviness. Not fun!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:52
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I don't have a TOM any more......at least I don't think so. I had a complete obdominal hysterectomy 2 years ago August. They left an ovary so I am not on HRT. I have noticed the past week what have felt like to me PMS symtoms. I don't know if it has to do with this WOE or not. I have been eating this way for 4 or 5 months now, and this is the worst it has been. I feel bloated and tenderness and backache..... took me a while to recognize what it felt like, because it has been so long, but anyone else in a similar boat?