Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 08:43
Renaissance Man

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 298/197.5/185 Male 66 inches
BF:26.08
Progress: 89%
Default FitDay questions........activity area

I don't know why but I just discovered the activity section today after three months of using FitDay for food calculations.
It shows a total calorie for me based on my profile (Home) and in that there is a lifestyle and basal category.
Are these numbers anywhere near accurate? I had been operating on the assumption I shouldn't have more than 2,500 calories to maintain and would need to be below 2,000 to lose weight. The Fitday shows some 3,498 for my total and 2,045 of that as basal.
Since I have stayed below 20 carbs except once or twice when I went up to 28-30 in the past six months, and have generally stayed below 2,500 calories all of the time...........I would think I would have lost more weight than I have.
I am not complaining about the weight I have lost so much as wondering if I am doing any of this diet right?
I have just started adding a few carbs in the form of veggies (like a cup of Acorn squash last night) because I know I have to get more veggies into me eventually if I am going to keep the weight off of me forever. I could probably eat the high protein and fat forever but eventually that would take its toll on some part of my body.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 10:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lasert. The fitday estimates are just that - estimates. Personally, I use it just to compare myself on a day-to-day basis, but not as an absolute value. Calorie counting overall is inaccurate and not too useful when LCing for this reason (scroll down to Doreen's post.) Hope that helps.