Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 21:19

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%
Cool Ready to (finally) say Hi!

I finally decided I needed to stop "lurking" around in the shadows on here and stop long enough to say Hi! I've been LCing since April 1 and am seeing my goal weight in sight - haven't been this "light" for ages!

A bit of info about me: Married (21 yrs) to possibly one of the MOST UNDERSTANDING hubbies ever (he's seen me try soooo many "diets" b4); 5 children (4 living, ages: 25, 20, 15 & 13); am a brand new grandma just 2-1/2 wks ago (). I've been doing medical transcription for 23+ yrs which, yeah, is definitely a SIT DOWN kinda job.

I originally started Atkins to just to lose weight, but in my heart-of-hearts, I KNOW that it's become so much more than that! I have a strong family history of adult-onset diabetes (mother & grandmother), hypertension (father passed away at age 54 w/ an MI), and strokes (on my father's side) -- talk about feeling like a walking time bomb! So I started doing some research, read the book(s), and knew this was the WOE and WOL for me (took a little while for DH to be convinced that I was serious this time).

I have found soooo much helpful info on this forum...it just boggles my mind sometimes - every time I think I have a question/concern, I just have to log on here and yep, there's always an answer! And, the support is just PHENOMENAL!

Ok, I've rambled enough.....

"There are no elevators to success...YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE STAIRS"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 23:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Hi! I'm new here, too! It sounds like you're making great progress! (BTW, congratulations on becoming grandma! )

It's a great thing you have an understanding hubby. I've talked with several people in RL who were on the Atkins diet, said they lost a lot of weight, then gained it all back, and from what they've said it's because their spouses didn't truly support them. I think spousal support in this kind of undertaking has to be tantamount to success. Thank goodness mine isn't just supportive, but doing this, too! We were in town this evening and had to grab a bite to eat. It was rather fun going into Carl's Jr., ordering a 99-cent double cheeseburger, a garden salad with blue cheese dressing, and throwing the buns in the trash! LOL I like their burgers, but I think it tasted better without the bread, to boot.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 00:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on your success so far. Awesome!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 06:18

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

Hello and welcome. I am new to the board as well and wanted to say Hi and congrats on the new little one in your life.

I, like you, have a very understanding hubby. I think thats so important, it does make things easier. I think once my hubby quits smoking he may come on board with this, I hope so, it is fun going into resturants and watching people eyes bulge when I order the 12oz steak and saled w/ real dressing, cheese sticks and ranch dressing. LOL

welcome!