Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 12:00

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%
Default Herbal Magic

Has anyone tried these supplements?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 13:34

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

My co-worker just reached her goal weight after being on Herbal Magic for 4 1/2 months - she looks absolutely fabulous - she just returned from maternity leave and had been a size 16 after baby - is now a size 6. She said it was expensive but worth it - year long follow up after goad is reached to keep her on track - sounds more like the Zone food plan - lower fat, higher carbs and protein - fruits and a few grains right from the beginning, and supplements which are metabolism boosters plus chromium - she is extremely happy with the results. I have worked with her for 8 years and have never seen her look this happy and wonderful before, even pre-babies! Her only negative comment was price, but again, it was worth it to her.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 13:45

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

Yes a friend of mine has the same results.....she lost 55 lbs...and is a size 10 now.....costly ...but worth it to her too.....
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 13:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

What is it and what does it do. Is it approved by the Fed. Government?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 13:50

Thanks for the replys. I wasn't thinking of doing their plan because of the cost, but they told me that people doing LC often buy the Chromax and the thermogenic - that's what some people I know are starting to do. I've heard the results are excellent as well. Here's the site to have a look http://www.herbalmagicsystems.com/a...weightmgmt.html

Vikki
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 15:05
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Looking at the ingredients I'm seeing alot of caffine and a few other herbs common to many weight loss products. You might be able to get the same results from a cheaper suppliment. $60 for 10 days seems a little extream to me. That's almost $200 a month just for the WM-4000™

The Chromium you can buy at most pharmacies and health food stores for less. At least that has 100 pills for $22, so much cheaper then the WM-4000 product.

With the bars, the second ingredient is gluclose/fruitose, the 5th ingredient is sugar, there is also dextrose listed, and lactose. So that means sugar is listed at least 3 times and is probably the main ingredient. I don't see any information on fat/carbs/protien.

If you want try it. I would follow thier plan instead of trying to do Atkins with it as the bars are high carb, unless you forgo the bars and just do the suppliments. Honestly though I think you can come up with a much cheaper alternative.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 06:49

I never eat any kind of bars anyway, thought I'd give the 4000 and chromax a try (I've bought it now), but you're right, I can get a lot cheaper supplements at the healthfood store.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 11:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Low sodium
Stats: 322.5/275/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default vbrowne

I tried to PM you, but couldn't send it. It says your PM box may be full. Pls advise.

Diana
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 11:59

Diana - I always get notified my inbox is full even when it isn't - you can e-mail me at **********if you'd like.

Last edited by Rosebud : Wed, Sep-24-03 at 15:54. Reason: Removal of email address. (Against forum rules to post email addresses)
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 10:23

Hi Diana - PM is empty now.

Sorry Rosebud, didn't know I couldn't post e-mail ... we used to, didn't we??

Vikki
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 19:51
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

No, posting email addresses has always been against our forum rules. Of course we mods can't get to every single post, so you do see them here and there.

It is actually for your benefit to not post them. This what our rules say:
Quote:
No e-mail addresses in posts

Please do not include your e-mail address in your posts. There are automatic programs called "bots" that will tear through all of our posts if there are e-mail addresses. They gather them for the spammers, but like the spammers they have no consideration and can overload our server, making it unavailable to legitimate users.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 20:06
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

About posting email addresses. Why not just write name <at> domain dot com etc. Should be easy enough for the receiving end to understand how to translate into email addy lingo...
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 20:16
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilibel
About posting email addresses. Why not just write name <at> domain dot com etc. Should be easy enough for the receiving end to understand how to translate into email addy lingo...

No, we prefer you just plain don't do it. No matter how you put it, it's still an email addy, and still against our rules, and will therefore be edited out.
Private messages are the place to exchange email addresses.

Rosebud
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 07:26
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Alrighty. Fine by me.
As an active spam fighter community member, I surely appreciate these rules. (However, no spambot in the world would make any sense whatsoever out of such a tweaked addy, so as for those no risk would be involved...) I also fully support integrity on the webb and would never publish any personal details openly (I obviously don't consider my weight being a personal detail *grin*), let alone addresses/phone no of any kind.

Happy weekend!