Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 10:41

Plan: Atkins and then CAD
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'4"
BF:33.5/33.1/24
Progress: 9%
Default Making the Switch from Atkins to CAD

When I first start Atkins at the beginning of August, I told my friend about it. She tried but said that she missed her fruit too much and felt like a failure each time she 'cheated'. I gave her the CAD book, she read it and decided that it was for her. She's been following it for almost the same amount of time that I have been following Atkins.

We both have about the same amount of weight to lose (~25 - 30 lbs), we both exercise and we both work at the same job.

Bottom line is I lost 7lbs. and stalled. She continues to lose, slowly and steadily. She's now lost 10 pounds and I'm still at 7.

I realize that there could be different factors at play here that I'm not aware of (ie. activity levels, body types, whatever), but I decided last night to switch to CAD for awhile and see what happens. I can take S- L-O-W weight loss, but I can't stand NO weigh loss!!!

Last night I had a wonderful chinese dinner with lots of vegetables. I also had fried rice and chicken balls. For dessert I had a cup of tea and a peanut butter cookie.

I felt full and great. I did not feel deprived (which I did on Atkins). I did not overeat or stuff my face with donuts.

When I got on the scale this morning I did not gain an ounce. So I started CAD today at exactly 150 pounds.

Here we go....................
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi and welcome to the CAD forum. My only regret so far from switching from Atkins to CAD is that I'd just known sooner about this woe.

#3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 11:47

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Cad?

hmmm - i'm intrigued. I'm popping over to check out CAD. (I don't actually now what it is!)
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 12:02
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Welcome!!!

Good luck!!!