Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 06:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/248/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Exclamation anyone else see the matrix and really relate to the bad guy in the steak scene??

OK, I know that was an odd start to a thread. But last night while trying my best to make it 20 minutes on my eliptical torture machine I was watching the movie the Matrix. I saw it when it came out several years ago, and hadn't since, but one of my kids bought the DVD and action movies seem to make the time on the machine go a bit faster. Well, when it got to the scene where the bad guy(can't remember his name) was eating the steak with the agent and saying "I know the food isn't real but to my mind it is and I want it", all I could think about was me and my battle with carbs!!

I don't need those empty carbs to survive none of us do, but sometimes I plain and simply get bored with what I am eating, and really want something different. I know there are tons of food choices on this lifestyle and I wouldn't give it up, as I feel better and slowly weight is going away. But that doesn't change the fact that deep down inside there are days where I just want to drive through McDonald's and have a big mac with fries. Just the decadence of the lazyness of going through the drive through and having food ready to eat shoved into my hand at an unbelievably cheap price (from a dollar standpoint).

OK, enough, I am not giving in, but just curious as to whether or not anyone else thought of our weight struggle when they saw the movie. Sometimes taking control of our own lives is the toughest job we do all day, after all if it wasn't none of us would be overweight in the first place!

I love this board, thanks for letting me babble!

Have a super day,
Susan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 07:04

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 261/236.5/160 Female 5'7"
BF:--%/--%/--%
Progress: 24%

Even though I saw that movie way before I started Atkins, I can still relate to that scene. Sometimes those fries and triple thick shakes just call to me. Though I doubt I'd betray my friends and sell my soul to the robots for eternal blarg! bliss. Well...maybe....
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 07:10

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I definetly can relate..I dont think I would partner with the agents for some chocolate ice cream but definetly hits home!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 07:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%
Smile

Oh please. If the agents said that in the Matrix, I could eat french fries, baguettes, Hagen Dazs and After Eights and still look thin and beautiful, I'd sell out my comrades in a heartbeat!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 07:32

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%

I can definately relate to that scene. The characters name was Cypher. (the traitor) hes the same guy who played Ralphie on the Sopranos.

I find myself thinking werid things when I go to a diner or restaurant. The other day, I'm eating bacon/eggs at the diner and guy next to me is eating french toast with syrup, potatos, an english muffin, oj, small chocolate milk and all I can think of is "Holy Carbs Batman"

My body would now go into complete shock eating that!