Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 15:37

Plan: Atkins the new Diet revolution
Stats: 176/176/132 Male 168cm
BF:
Progress:
Exclamation Some help!

Hi ya all,

It's my 4th week now, and I've cheated so much today! I just lost my confidence there for a sec and will be back on track tomorrow, but I need some support! - I've been living in a hotel for the past 4 weeks and although I've only eaten the good stuff, I've only managed to loose 3lbs and a few cm's.
BUT... I'm a bit worried, I've got cellulite on my legs and want to know.... if I manage to loose the weight that I'm planning to loose - will the cellulite go away or will I look like a wrinkled shammy?
Help, as you can gather, I need some support!
I wanted to supprise everyone with my new look, but I'm afraid its not going so well.....Some advice will be great!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 16:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Odie,
It must be hard maintaining this WOL living in a hotel...but good for you so far...today will soon be a distant memory...and tomorrow you will be back on track. You have been low carbing since Aug. 14...so a pound a week is pretty good...some people do lose quicker, but slow and steady is best...and you say you have lost cm...that is the beauty of Atkins...you lose so many inches compared to the scale thing.
The cellulite...should go away...it is just lumpy fat...and as you use up your fat stores, it will also be used up...and will disappear...
Are you exercising??? That can help lose quicker often, but still...not a guarantee...
I know that it seems to you that you need to lose a lot, but sometimes people with a smaller amountof weight to lose, do lose slower...
I suggest perhaps concentrating on the inches lost...and be careful what you are eating...when eating out a lot, there can be carbs hidden everywhere...
Hope this helps a bit...take care.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 16:13
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I have lost a lot of my cellulite. Does your hotel have a workout room?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 21:40
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%

At least you know the problem, without cooking your own meals it could be challenging. You can do this. Plan your meals the night before with some lc snacks included. You have the desire, that is a start. It was so very hard for me also, but go to fitday.com and log your food and you will see a big difference.

You can now monitor what you put in your mouth.

Have a great lc day.