Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 03:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/240/130 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 15%
Question Atkins Bake Mix and Induction?

My question is, are we allowed to use the atkins bake mix on the induction diet to simply bread a piece of chicken for something like cordon bleu? I have been wanting cordon bleu but don't want to mess up my diet for it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 05:42

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Rachel, it's best to leave that for after induction. Choose the food from the list Dr Atkins gave us. It's kinda boring, but it's only for 2 weeks, and this strict phase is designed to dexosify your body and getting rid of carb addiction.

If you feel that you cannot live w/o your bake mix, then by all means, have some, but use sparingly.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 06:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Rachel, did you read the book? Just curious since the description of Induction is pretty clear.
It is only two weeks, and it is worth it. Like Serrelind said, the purpose of Induction is to detoxify your body. It will also get your appetite and cravings under control. BTW..you CAN live without breading on your chicken for two weeks.

Try coating your chicken with something else like grated parmesan cheese or crushed pork rinds. I like to cover mine with mayonaise. I add seasoned salt to a half cup of mayo and stir until it turns orange. Then I spread it all over the tops of the chicken pieces before I bake them. It keeps the chicken moist on the inside, and makes the skin crispy. My family loves it too.
I have also fried boneless skinless chicken breasts with no coating and they turned out fine. I cut them thin so they cook quickly on the inside before drying out on the outside. Sometimes they can get a little hard like jerky in spots...but I like it like that anyway.
I don't find Induction food choices to be boring...but I love veggies. If you are having a hard time, make a list of your favorite foods from the Induction list and enjoy them. (Especially all those foods you can't eat on a low fat diet!)
I love post roasts (beef and pork), Keilbasa sausage, stir fried chicken with LOTS of olive oil, and blackened catfish with butter.
Good luck on your weight loss journey! And don't forget to READ THE BOOK!