Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: LC after breakfast
Stats: 150/146/135 Female 5'5"
BF:yes I have it.
Progress: 27%
Default 25 messages in , still nothing

I have 25 messages posted and still cannot access the 2 private messages in my mailbox. Now what? It has been 24 hours.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 11:22
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi there,

Unfortunately, messages aren't stored if they're not able to be sent. That would really take up a lot of space Perhaps you could ask your correspondents to resend their message(s).

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 10:23
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have over 25 posts and am not even able to send a PM to anyone leave alone receive one. Everytime I try to enter the PM section it tells me that I am not authorised to use that section of the forum. I am wondering what could be wrong?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 10:49
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
I have over 25 posts and am not even able to send a PM to anyone leave alone receive one. Everytime I try to enter the PM section it tells me that I am not authorised to use that section of the forum. I am wondering what could be wrong?

Nothing wrong

The database updates the counters overnight (Eastern time zone) when there's less traffic. You'll be able to access the pm feature in the morning after you've reached 25 posts.

hth,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 11:09
Registered Member

Doreen, when I receive a note in my e-mail about a post, why can't the link be right there in the mail? I spend too much time going to the thread and entering the id number, am I missing something??? Thanks
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 11:10
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thank you for replying so promptly. I will be patient. You are great people on this forum
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 12:26
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmom
Doreen, when I receive a note in my e-mail about a post, why can't the link be right there in the mail? I spend too much time going to the thread and entering the id number, am I missing something??? Thanks

hi there,

The link IS in the email, and should take you directly to the new post's location in the thread just by clicking on it.

??? Perhaps your emailer is set to not recognize html???

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 08:20
Registered Member

thanks Doreen, I'll have my expert, my daughter, check for me. On various sites, it may read something like," if you don't see the link, click here." But I get nothing like this on my emails. I will try to figure this out.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 08:27
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmom
thanks Doreen, I'll have my expert, my daughter, check for me. On various sites, it may read something like," if you don't see the link, click here." But I get nothing like this on my emails. I will try to figure this out.

hi there,

The notification email should something look like this ..
===========

Hello sjmom,

xxxxx has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - 25 messages in , still nothing - in the Comments Box and Technical Questions forum of Active Low-Carber Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...33&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Yours,
Active Low-Carber Forums team

==================
You should be able to click on the link to arrive directly at the newest post in the thread.

If the link isn't clickable, then it's most likely your emailer that needs to be adjusted.

Doreen
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 09:12
Forum Founder

BF:

hi again,

I'm going to guess that you're using AOL as your web browser and emailer? Apparently this is a problem with AOL .. it doesn't recognize the http:// part of a web address as a hyperlink. I'm not sure how to overcome this, but perhaps your daughter can help with that.

In the meantime, you might consider using your User control panel to manage your subscribed threads more efficiently. Click on the icon near the top of the page. Then select "Subscriptions". You'll see a list of all the threads you're subscribed to from the last 30 days and it'll show if there are any new posts. You can go to the most recent post by clicking on the link, or open a reply message box directly.

hth,

Doreen
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 21:48
Registered Member

yes, Doreen, I am with AOL. Tied into a 3 yr rebate plan with them when we bought the computer. Still have to March/04 before we are out. There is a $200 penalty if we opt out before. In a few months if my cable company is offering high speed internet w/a promotion, I may take it along with the AOL. But I still have 6+months to go. So for now I'm copying and pasteing. (until my daughter, the engineer, comes to visit).
Nancy