Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 10:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/196/157 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Thumbs up Second push, starting 1st September

Hello,

I started on Atkins back in January 2003 and lost 28 pounds in the first 7 weeks. I have only managed 8 more pounds since then but considering that I had put on about 7 pounds every six months since I was 24 (9 years ago) I am really pleased with that. I know that it has slowed down because with the summer and holidays and such I have been falling off the wagon on most weekends. I am off to visit my brother for the weekend at the end of August and have decided that I am going to go back to being totally dedicated when I get back on 1st September. I kept note of what I ate for the first four months so I am going to repeat it and see what happens. Is there anyone out there who has done the same, really well and then a big slow down which was totally their fault and fancies joining me in a dedicated push? I would really appreciate the support. A friend at work had been my diet buddy but she only wanted to lose 32 pounds and reached that last week.

Hope to hear from you.

Foxy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 07:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/118 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

I would love to join you!! Ive done this before as you can see by the date that I joined the forums, lost 20 pds not even my goal, and then i had one lil mishap and it was all down hill from there, now im back to 150 at 5'2 *sighs*
However I had already set the date to start tomorrow 8-27.
I would love to have buddy to do this with tho, the first 2 weeks are always the hardest for me, i get sooo moody and want everything I cant have including the stuff I dont even like lol.
If you ever wanna chat and im not on the boards feel free to message me, im almost always online on AOL (LLLredvixn).
Good luck to you hun, I know we can both do this!!

Cindy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 19:47

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 166/162/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Thumbs up With ya!

Yup! I originally started in mid November and lost quickly. Lately, though, I've been going off and on. I'm almost 5'2" and I went from 166 to 136. Now I'm back to 143. I'd like to get to 130 by Christmas. (Ideally, I'd like to be 120 one day, but I don't see that happening if I keep going back to my old ways.) I'm recommitted now. Let's do this together and see what happens!
~Jeannie