Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 22:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/195/178 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Question Low Carb Cookies - really a good idea??

I don't want to sound like a crank, but it seems to me that one of the reasons that some (many?) of us ended up on low-carb diets was because we never had only one cookie.
If one was good, then three were better.
Which brings me around to Low Carb cookies. One with 2 or 3 grams seems pretty harmless, but when you sock away 9 or 12 gram in cookies, are you any better off, just because they are low carb.
Maybe its only me, but I've now been on a LC diet for about 7 months, and am very happy not having cookies as part of my meals or snacks.

Question: How many of y'all find that, as opposed to what they say on the television commercial, you can eat "just one".
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 03:13

Plan: Atkins, but looking around
Stats: 158/158/127 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I know what you mean. It's the same with me and bread. Since I discovered LC bread recipes I am so tempted to eat nearly the whole loaf at once. To limit myself to just one slice is hard. It was easier when I just knew that bread was not an option.

Krystine.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 22:40
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 203/194/140 Female 67 in
BF:43%
Progress: 14%

Personally I think that low carb cookies are a great Ideal. I purchase them sometimes. I like them because If I just have one regulare cookie it would be cheating but only LC cookie is not. Sometimes I crave a cookie are just a snack. Anyway LC cookies aren't packaged like regular cookies with like 30 in the box they are usually individually rapped and since your body is no longer addicted to carbos you don't scaf things down as readily. That's just my opinion.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 10:12
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

It's a YMMV thing...

Some people can handle an occasional cookie as a treat, and for others, they're a trigger for the old binge behaviors. I have to slice and freeze the lc bread right away, so it's easier not to eat more than one. Sometimes I have to go without it altogether, especially during PMS!!