Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 09:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 125/113/105 Female 147
BF:Too much!
Progress: 60%
Cool It's been ages

Hello all - it's been ages. I've been home visiting my family for 6 weeks. I had a great time and I manged to loose 4lbs to boot. Very please with myself.
Atkins is 'huge' in the UK. You can't pick up a paper, magazine or watch tv without hearing about it. Not recommended over there though. There is still a lot of resentment towards this programme. Shame, as I feel fitter, healthier and a lot better since May, when I started.

Great to be back though
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 09:32
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome back Bethy and congratulations on your loss!!
I wish you much continued success!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

hi bethy,

welcome back, atkins is not popular here (germany) and some doctors feel it is quite unhealthy. i too feel so much better since i have started.

judi
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 11:52

Stats: 158/134/130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 86%

Are there chat groups like this in Germany and Britain where fellow Atkins WOLifers can discuss their successes? If so, I hope they promote their woe to their doctors and that slowly the medical establishment will start to see that it really works.

I must be very difficult for people abroad, though, who don't have the same variety of store bought items that we have in the states. It is such a relief that I don't have to rely entirely on my cooking skills (which are rubbish). I love that I can go to Wal Mart and buy an endulge bar or GNC for pancake mix and porridge!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 13:01

Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

I am not really sure about chat groups here, but if they were I am sure they would be in German and my german is not good enough to participate fully. This forum has been a total lifesaver for me and a great support system. My rheumatologist is happy that I lost weight and he did not really care how I did it, but I was in hospital and the attending ordered a psychiatric consult because he felt I had an eating disorder since I did not want to eat carbs!!!!

judi