Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: // Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation Dark Circles under my eyes- Gone!!!

I keep meaning to post this thread but forgetting. I have always had dark circles under my eyes- for as long as I can remember. Ever since I started this WOL/WOE- they have almost totally disappeared!! This is something I had just accepted about myself. I have tried every kind of under the eye concealer and some worked to lighten the circles a bit. Now they are practically gone. I truly believe that sugars and carbs were so terrible for me. I don't know if I have an allergy or if the sugars were just so taxing on my body that they made my eyes look darker and more sunken in looking.

Yet another reason to stick to this WOL/WOE! Has anyone else noticed any changes like this or can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening? Don't get me wrong- I am NOT complaining!!

Good low-carb thoughts to all!!

Tracy

PS Tried on a skirt today that has NEVER fit me and it fits!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 11:37
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

It might also be a result of all the extra water you're drinking (you ARE drinking lots of water, right?). I know my skin looks a lot better since I've been guzzling 80 ounces a day, but I haven't noticed the under-eye circles getting lighter. Good for you!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 11:45

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I think the water is a big help. Also it may be all the protein. I too have had HORRIBLE dark circles my entire life. They are much better now that I have started this WOE but unfortunately still not gone. I have a history of low iron. I have tried supplements but they don't work. My body does not seem to absorb them well. My doctors have always suggested I get more iron from my foods-- I would likely absorb it better than a supplement. I was never a big meat eater before this WOE so that advise at the time fell on deaf ears. Now that I am eating so many iron rich foods I really notice a difference.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 11:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Sometimes dark circles are caused by an allergy - allergic shiners. You might have had an a slight allergy to wheat or corn or such and removing them from your diet removed the allergic reaction.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 12:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 11.3/10-/9 Female 5foot 2ins
BF:
Progress:
Smile dark circles

not only have my dark circles vanished i also have lost an irritating rash on my back, bugging me for 4 years previous, IBS almost gone! being of a certain age!! hot flushes dissapeared within two days of starting atkins, was waking up at least four times a night, i feel incredible, have lost 19 pounds in seven weeks, most of all love the diet and its been the first one ive stuck too for years. have only just discovered this site and finding it most helpfull. debs
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 13:12
Registered Member

Stats: // Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you for all of your responses. i hadn't thought about the water thing- I am sure all of the water I am drinking definitely helps. I think, though, that it might have been an allergy issue as well because the difference is so huge!

Sunspine- don't get me wrong, they aren't gone- just lightened up a lot. I have had iron deficiencies as well...maybe the iron I am getting in my diet is helping as well.

Anyway-as I said before- it's another benefit of this WOL/WOE!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Tracy
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:12

Stats: 164/135/140 Female 5 4
BF:28%
Progress: 121%

Actually, I have the opposite problem. I have dark circles under my eyes since this WOE. (I was hoping this was a thread on that.) I had the hair loss thing, which is almost gone, thank Dog, but I would like to get rid of the circles. Some days, not all, they are very noticable. I take plenty of vits/mins, drink 10+ cups of water a day, sleep 8 hrs a night, exercise 5X a week, heck, even get enough sun...