Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 15:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/155/120
BF:????
Progress: 46%
Question Sex in a pan!

Hey all!!

My Mom always used to make sex in a pan, but I've heard it being called mississippi mud also. Well anyways......the other day I found some sf pudding and I figured it would be pretty easy to change the old recipe into a low carb version. Just one problem, I can't find the old recipe anywhere. Maybe someone already thought of it....if so I would love the recipe. I do miss having sex in a pan!!!

Thanx, Nic
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 11:41
Registered Member

Thumbs up and we have sex in a pan!

OK....I figured it out myself. Here's what I did and it turned out pretty good. Don't ask me the carb count but I don't think it's too many (I hope).

1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. Atkins bake mix
1 c. sliced almonds
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 c. splenda
1 tub cool whip
1 package sf instant vanilla pudding
1 package sf instant chocolate pudding
3 c. whipping cream

~preheat oven to 375.
~combine butter, atkins mix, and almonds. Pat into a 13X9 inch pan
~Bake 15 mins. Cool.
~meanwhile, cream together crean cheese, splenda, and 1 c. cool whip. Spread over cooled crust and set aside.
~In a bowl mix vanilla pudding mix with 1 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1/2 cup water. Allow to set up and pour over cream cheese layer.
~spread 1/2 of remaining cool whip over vanilla layer.
~repeat the same step for chocolate pudding layer then top off with remaining half of cool whip.

So you should have six layers in your pan~crust, cream cheese, vanilla pudding, cool whip, chocolate pudding, cool whip. If anyone can figure out the carb count for this I would love to know. I change the package directions on the pudding from milk to whipping cream/water hoping to lower the carb count, but I'm sure the only problem is the cool whip part if it which could be changed for whipped whipping cream with some splenda I'm sure.

Try it out, you'll know why they call it sex in a pan!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 12:46

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Snverge, I am a bit of a newbie with Mastercook, but I get 190 net carbs on this recipe. I had chocolate SF FF instant pudding here and found the info for the vanilla and Cool Whip online.. Eeeeeps! How many servings would you get from the 13 x 9 pan?

In case someone else gets a different result, I'll post the recipe out of MC here:

* Exported from MasterCook *
SEX IN A PAN
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 c. melted butter -- trace ecc
1 c. Atkins Bake Mix -- 12 ecc
1 c. sliced almonds -- 17 ecc
8 ounces cream cheese -- 8 ecc
1 c. Splenda, bulk -- 24 ecc
8 ounces Cool Whip® -- 1 tub - 57 ecc
1 package instant pudding mix, SF, vanilla -- 24 ecc
1 package instant pudding mix, SF, chocolate -- 29 ecc
3 c. whipping cream -- 20 ecc
~preheat oven to 375.
~combine butter, atkins mix, and almonds. Pat into a 13X9 inch pan
~Bake 15 mins. Cool.
~meanwhile, cream together crean cheese, splenda, and 1 c. cool whip. Spread over cooled crust and set aside.
~In a bowl mix vanilla pudding mix with 1 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1/2 cup water. Allow to set up and pour over cream cheese layer.
~spread 1/2 of remaining cool whip over vanilla layer.
~repeat the same step for chocolate pudding layer then top off with remaining half of cool whip.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 6417 Calories; 556g Fat (78.1% calories from fat); 136g Protein; 215g Carbohydrate; 25g Dietary Fiber; 1551mg Cholesterol; 5608mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 23 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Non-Fat Milk; 213 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : So you should have six layers in your pan~crust, cream cheese, vanilla pudding, cool whip, chocolate pudding, cool whip
Try it out, you'll know why they call it sex in a pan!

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

By the way, the carbs seem to be the same whether you use Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite.

Anyone else?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 16:46
Registered Member

Well that's a little dissappointing. It makes 16 huge servings, so that is about 12g. carbs per serving. Does anyone know if I were to use whipping cream and splenda if it would bring the count down any?? Will it be just as yummy? I guess it will just have to be an occasional treat.

Thanx alot for figuring that out Jeanyyy, Nic
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 22:02

Plan: Atkins inducation
Stats: 127/122/105 Female 58 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

are the carbs in the pudding counted as the dry mix or 'as made with milk'? Seems kinda High. 2 cups of splenda sweetened whipped heavy cream will be only about 10 carbs or so. You only need about 3/4 cup cream to whip. Also, for crust, leave out baking mix, maybe and just use powdered almonds. I got some at Trader Joes.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 11:06
Registered Member

The carb count for the pudding is with the 2 c. per package of skimmed milk. I think I brought that down using the whipping cream instead. Thanx for the good ideas I will definately give them a try cause I love this stuff. 10 carbs for the cream sounds alot better than 57! Thanx again, Nic