Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 06:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%
Question little bit confused.... please help!!

Hi

Im currently on day 6 of the Atkins diet and so far all is going really well ( although I really have taken far to much of a liking to double cream in my coffee and on my SF jelly ).

I have been reading through all your posts especially the ones relating to what you can drink with vodka( well a girl has to get her priorities right!!) I noticed that you were all talking about diet drinks that you couldnt have because they contained certained sweetners. Well.... thats where im confused , why cant use drink these, what problems can they cause? Its not a huge issue for me cos Im too busy drinking all my water, but there will come a time, especially after I have finished induction that Im likely to want these type of drinks, so I need to know what my options are.....

Secondly , am I ok to eat corned beef on induction (on the tin it was 0.3g of carbs per 100g) so I think its ok but I just want to check becuase corned beef isnt want you can usually eat loads of ( Im still getting my head round what I can eat and what I cant - its bizzare)

Finally, very intested to read all your posts re the Ketosis Test Strips, I too was refused them in Boots ( she was a right snotty witch) but my local chemist ordered some in for me no questions asked !!

Roll on friday, so I can weigh myself and see the results of week 1

Thanks for your help and hope to catch up with some of you soon.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 07:13

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Lisa

I think I nearly confused you with the other UK Lisa.

Yes you can eat corned beef, no problems and at your current weight the calories from fat will not be a problem either. So enjoy.

There is a lot of debate about aspartamene, the sweetner used in the UK. As this is not a natural product it can cause some people to stall as it may still be seen by the body as sugar and cause an insulin surge. At the moment splenda, the alternative sweetner, is not in our drinks. Do a search on aspartamene in the media section and it will give you lots more information, good and bad.

A little is unlikely to do you any harm, but would not recommend you live on it.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:21
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I tried live without the aspartume and I couldnt so I ADMIT hands held high I still drink diet coke (sorry guys but I cant give it up) It hasnt stalled me (but we are all different so what dosent stall me may stall someone else!!) I am drinking more water than I used to but still hate it.
and Lissa I know what you mean about vodka!! lol
Good luck with the rest of the diet.