Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/197/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default very low cal munchie day

I've been doing Atkins since the 7th and have decided to stick to induction for a bit longer (modifying with some additions but not more than 30g per day) so I can continue the loss rate I'm getting at the moment. Normally, hubby and I have a couple eggs and bacon for breakfast, I usually have a salad and grilled chicken or burger for lunch and some meat/fish and vegies for dinner. I signed up here and at fitday yesterday and decided to track what I ate today for the first time. I was a bit freaked when my total so far today was under 800 calories and about 26 carbs. I started off with my regular breakfast this morning and we've been running around all day just grabbing bits as we got hungry rather than having full meals. (mainly because my son is out of the house with his dad for 2 weeks)

The thing that's getting me is that I haven't really been hungry today, but I have hardly eaten much at all (cucumber salad, salmon/cream cheese pinwheels, *small popcorn at a movie earlier --I know bad but it's one of my weaknesses moreso than sugars-- some cheese cubes and lc toast with some almond butter) I know tomorrow I'm going to go back to cooking 3 meals a day, but has anyone else done this occasionally?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 19:49

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Yes alot of us go through a time period when it is hard to keep up the calories, but it is important, to get them higher, in order to continue to lose.

Just a thought if you are following the Atkins, just increase your daily carbs at 5 per week, add in foods from the after induction choices, one at a time. Both are important, to prevent disapiontment.

Fitday, are you subtracting the fibre??
The Popcorn, must be your biggest % of carbs, which is not good, you need to use them on good veggies

Cheers Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 20:19

Stats: 212/197/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

thanks, and yes I know about the popcorn and I made a point of only having about a third of a small one :/ Tomorrow it's back to normal meals, and no more just munching lol
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 00:02

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Elfchick, just so you know, it sounds like you are moving out of induction, to OWL and that's good! I don't understand why you say, "I'm in induction, but I'm going to add more carbs and more foods." Hate to break it to you, that's OWL! Enjoy more veggies, some low GI fruits, nuts, lc bread, etc. Don't be afraid.

Here's a great article about moving into OWL:
How To Follow Phase Two

Have fun! A lot more freedom on OWL and you really learn how to make good choices.